Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These items have been discontinued by GM, Can anyone tell me (besides a junkyard) where to get these? I would like a new one. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked my dealers in Hawaii first, and they said discontinued, I didn't believe them so I called about 5 dealers nationwide and they said discontinued as well. I haven't contacted Dal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was for a 92 Custom Cruiser also.

So maybe the SS shaft is discontiuned?

Search for Borgeson steering shaft. You have to cut it to fit, but its an awesome steering shaft and has a universeal instead of a rag joint.

It comes out to be a little more then the OE shaft, but I think it is worth it. I might try one on the wagon.

Site Summit also sells these shafts now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just tried searching for the Borgeson info and I think the forum search function is f'ed up. Can somebody link me to a thread, the thread, or several threads where this mod is discussed? I'm thinking some of the play I feel in my reman GM box is from my intermediate shaft (rag joint and u-joint). At least, I hope it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shaft and rag joint are discontinued, but Dal had the two piece shaft with joint for $175. Should get it next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.