Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have Caprices and have installed aftermarket springs... How much did the springs lower the rear of your car? I have cut the front springs for a successful 1.5" drop in the front but now I want to get rid of the "Starsky and Hutch" look. I had ordered ST's but they are back-ordered through Aug. from JC Whitney and I've already waited a month (I cancelled the order). I think the ST's will lower it too much anyway. Does anyone with Intrax on their Caprice know how much it lowered the car??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I have no answers for you ?'s but I just noticed on Impalasuperstore that Hotchkis makes a set of springs for us too. They sound similir to the Eibachs in that they are progressive. Im just hoping they dont collapse after a year like Ive heard the Eibachs do. Any info on the Hotchkis springs!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Intrax springs should be arriving UPS tomorrow. I'll have them installed as soon as I have a car, and I'll let you know how much they drop the caprice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ST's will lower it too much if you're only looking for 1.5" drop. My ST's lowered the rear end about 3" on a civi caprice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just clamp one coil for you 1.5" drop... That's what I had to do until my ST's came off of back order at JC Whittney. Oh yeah, you will need longer bolts than most of the clamp kits provide. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Admiral,
I was thinking of clamping the springs out back and I might try that first before buying a spring set. I am looking for about a 2-2.5 inch drop out back. If the back turns out lower than the front I can always cut more spring off the fronts. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All you guys clamping and cutting and stuff, make sure you go get allignments. Otherwise your tires are gonna wear faster and your front wheels may angle in like ricer cars do. Its the same for installig new springs, if you change the ride height, you need a front end alignment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have done 2 sets of the new Hotchkis springs & they are very accurate. I also think the Hotchkis will last a lot longer than the Eibach's.

Hotchkis are on sale too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.