1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've had Intrax and Bilsteins in my wagon since November and have been happy so far.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shipping is not included. I will ship them at whatever the cost to you. Drop is in the first post.
Ron..

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
so this drop is more than the vogtland or hotchkis drop right? any pics of it on a car? preferably impala or caprice pics??? could be interested.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok, it looks like we got 4 so far.
RONSS96 (me!) 2 sets
powder96ss..... 1 set
2ndtonone...... 1 set
9c14fun.......... 1 set
I will see if i can get some pics from someone who has them so you can see how they look.
If anyone has them and can post a pic here that would help too!!!
Thanks guys!!!
Ron..

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
If only we could search for one......

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a chance to get a deal on some brand new intrax springs sets for a great deal. I found an add where they were offering them for 50.00 a set but it turns out those are a set of used ones and they only had one. I talked to them about getting me a better price if I buy 10 at a time on the new ones. If I buy 10 or more sets I can get them for $160.00 a set. I am ready to buy 2 for myself so I would need 8 more people to do this. I can drive up and pick them all up and I will ship them to you myself for whatever the cost is. They are a 1.8" frt drop and 1.6 rear.
I have a local guy who has them and he says they are nice. His are a few years old with a good amount of miles on them and still ride perfect. Better than the eibachs I have that got squirrely after 3 months!! If anyone has any interest in jumping on this let me know. Pm me or call me if you feel more comfortable at 619-846-0389.
See ya!!!
Ron..
Interested but need a little expert opinion
1. If these are installed with stock Impala SS wheels and tires, any ideas on a good set of shocks would be to install? Currently, still have the stock shocks which still ride well but thinking may as well upgrade the shocks while I am there.

2. Will a front end alignment be required after installation? Last thing I lowered was my Mazda pickup truck way back in the 80's (torsion bars in the front and lowered leafs in the back). Still driving it today by the way

Any information would be appreciated...

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
well i cant get on the springs since i got pulled yesterday for speeding, and yes i was. ill need the money for ticket, but i hope this will help the guys looking for dropped shocks for a super price. if you look back at the dirt cheap rollpans and roof fillers thread there will be links for the new kyb shocks on ebay. i just got mine today and paid 55 shipped for front and rear. i made an offer of 20 a set and they accepted....good luck

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
i just dont know how a car lowered more than hotchkis or vogtland look. thats all i've really seen. i have no clue what a 1.8" drop looks like compared to 1.2"... but im very interested!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
well i cant get on the springs since i got pulled yesterday for speeding, and yes i was. ill need the money for ticket, but i hope this will help the guys looking for dropped shocks for a super price. if you look back at the dirt cheap rollpans and roof fillers thread there will be links for the new kyb shocks on ebay. i just got mine today and paid 55 shipped for front and rear. i made an offer of 20 a set and they accepted....good luck

Thanks again for sharing the info on this great deal man!!! I just bought a set! I was in a bind and wasn't going to install my lowering springs cause didn't want to pay too much for shocks since I might be selling my car soon. Thanks a million!!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Here is a pic of my caprice, can't remember if they are intrax or sprint's......I bought them off a forum member here, and he cut them in the front to even out the ride because the brand of springs(if anyone wants to help me here) are known for being lower in the rear after they settle. VERY low, infact I'm hoping they are not the intrax because that is the whole reson why I want new springs, too raise it just a touch. I can't even make it over a soda can on edge without killing it.

tires are 275/40/17 btw

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I will keep looking around for better pics. I know these are intrax springs and yes the rear wits a little lower than the front. I am pulling the fronts on this car and cutting them to give him his rake back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
what thread? where on ebay? post the link if u can. anyone ever heard of canuck motorsports? they have a kit on ebay that is sorta in the middle of hotckkis and intrax. they have two possible adjustments but one of them is 1.5" front and 1.5" rear drop. so it'll still keep the stock rake look because it'll drop both evenly. so anyone trust these guys?? Canuck Motorsports Lowering Springs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts