Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the verge of buying Intrax springs from summit for 189.99. First are they good lowering springs handling wise? Is that th ebest price i am gonna get for them?? Thanks for any help guys, and i am sooo glad the forum is up again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently bought and installed the Intrax springs for my 9c1. I got a "mixed box" so to speak. The front springs are awesome. They are thick steel much stiffer than stock giving a great front end stance. They lowered the front end about 2.5 inches from stock caprice height. The rear springs however, well how should I put it, they suck. They are much less stiff than the 9c1 springs but were lower... too much so. The rear tires were up in the wheel well about 1.5 inches. The car looked retarded with the rear end lower than the front. I have since installed Impala rear springs which has brought the rear end up again to a reasonable height. When I install the air bags in the rear springs, i will undoubtedly get the stiffness I want.
-Nabil Guffey
Mechanicsville, MD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the Intrax in both my '94 and '95, and have had no problems what-so-ever with them. The rear wheel opening lip is lowered to just a little lower than the top of the tire, and the front is about even. They are stiffer than the stock SS springs, but aren't overly harsh. I also haven't experienced the "springs fall out" syndrome that seems to be common with the other 2" drop spring when jacking up the rear end. Maybe it's because I have the Air-Lift bags inside of the, I really don't know.

All-in-all, I've had an excellent experience with them in the cars. They certainly make the cars look much better and bring them down from 4x4 land.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Instaled them in my friends 94 ISS, the only problem i see with them is that it took a whyle for the front to settle, deffenatley better then the ST springs. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm currently running intrax springs on my 95, I love them. They do drop the car down about 2 to 2.5 inches. This gives the car the even drop look. That's why the rear tire is tucked a little, because the rear wheel opening on the car is smaller than the opening on the front. There is no way around this if you want the car even.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.