Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey are any of you guys going to the iola car show in wisconsin its not all b bodys dut theres alot of swap meet there like over 20000 booths good stuff too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be leaving North Dakota Fri early for Iola, would have left today but Firestone ended up torching off the front shock stems and putting on my Sensatracs. Took them two hours but only charged me for the quoted one. Cool! Also found a broken right front stab bar end link bolt, they'dve done for $40, but I did it for $13 at the base auto hobby shop, and put on a rear factory stabilizer bar atst. The Space Cruiser now feels nice and tight, just like my '78 98 sedans with front and rear bars. My folks live in Iola, so lodging is cheap! And then to Racine for pizza and kringle, and then to Road America for the Historical Races! Roadtrip! :D

Stu Lenzke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IOLA is a junk meet, but some people love that part of it.
The parts section is huge, and the collector cars are mostly beat up stuff thats been there for the last 10 yrs.
If you're looking for really nice collector cars, IOLA is NOT the place to be looking. But parts are everywhere down there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by rocket 8;
just like my '78 98 sedans with front and rear bars.
I have a 77 ninety eight. What bars did you use? How did it affect the ride? Are you aware of any kind of useful forum for those kind of cars?

thanks,
dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know one guy who will be there, I will tell him about this thread. I live only maybe 40 minutes away but will not be there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave, the bars I used were '73-'77 Grand Prix/ Monte Carlo bars. Might be on other mid sizes as well. I'd just unbolt 'em @ $5 a pop locally and bolt them on the 98s. Also used one from a '78 Riviera, but that was much thinner and shaped differently. Also I've seen the bars on late '80s fullsize Cadillacs; Broughams, toward the end and I'd used a Grand Prix bar on my low mile '80 Fleetwood d'Elegance....

Stu

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Junk meet yes but some off that junk is pretty nice junk :rolleyes: we picked up a set of four camaro rims and centers for 75 bucks for my bros s-10 :cool:
and the car corale has some junk cars and some junk like every where else it just depnds on what your looking for. last year a plum crazy challenger new restoration sold for 40,000 dollars so yea but it has been turning in to a flea market the past few years :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
verdict on the show is i found a pair of big bock chevy heads (454)for 60 bucks! than a 69 chevelle desk lid for 50$ so yeah oh! and last but not least i got old chrome emblms that say custom wagon! for 20$ so cool cool!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was there as well. Last year they had new SS Wheels for $500.00. I didn't see anything really this year. A lot of junk, yes, but I still thought it was fun. I like to camp there next year. I heard there was a lot of topless females running around. mmmmmm... females....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its always such a hot miserable humid weekend that it sucks. We camped there 1 year and never slept a wink because we were sleeping in a puddle of sweat in a tent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last year when I went the wagon outside temp display said 108 when I started it up, once moving that dropped down to around 100. Yeah it is always HOT that weekend and humid, but no rain for a week or two before so it gets nice and dusty :D . As reliable as spring Jefferson being a mud hole right?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hot and dry is better than the cold & wet that usually occurs during Jefferson (much better swap-meet BTW)

Every year I swear I'm not going back to Iola, yet I always do. Too much junk.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by myasylum:
When is Jeffersons?
Twice a year... end of September, and beginning of April if I remember correctly.

It's about 1/3 the size of Iola, but mostly musclecar & some newer stuff. There's not much 20s - 50s parts that I don't need anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.