Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to update the old stereo system.

First to go was the Head unit

Installed:
Latest & Greatest Ipad 4... 128 gb... wifi/4g
12V HT Istreamer from 30 pin Lighting output pin to an RCA to:
Audio Control Line driver Parametric EQ...used as a volume button/ EQ settings

I am slowly adding pics...trying to figure out this PhotoBucket deal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ipad intall

can you see my Turn on Button?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for bad pics...Iphone...sucks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ruff Stage...Installer said that insatlling ipad in Impala was easy...for permanant mount atleast. He said he didnt shave any material off the surroundings...just middle part...and AC vents were very close...need a 90 degree lighting cable for sure

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AC Relocate

Needed to relocate AC....moving to Glove box is easy...dont need to extend cables...but to center console...needed a little ingenuity!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes...4.1...help with noise...high Voltage driver...over 11V...i think...no noise out of Ipad now

I had a Genius by the Name of Jay at Pacific Car Stereo/Riverside CA install it

Great Work...Honest...Great Price...Tell Joe/Owner...Twin Turbo Scott sent you!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Awesome! Love it

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

Thanks so much....wait till you see/hear it...in Vegas....im redoing system...Dynaudio sponsored. 22-speakers...all high end Dynaudio...cant wait to meet everyone in the clubs and Vegas clubs...see you guys out there

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks so much....wait till you see/hear it...in Vegas....im redoing system...Dynaudio sponsored. 22-speakers...all high end Dynaudio...cant wait to meet everyone in the clubs and Vegas clubs...see you guys out there
Fasho see ya then!! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes...thats correct

wwwdotanthony...yes...you are correct....not sure on size of the Tab compared to the Ipad...but I do think its very similar....we had to buy a special adaptor from Soundman in CA.....a 90 degree lightning adaptor...from there...we did a lightning cable to usb cable to the 12V Streamer....then a regular RCA from streamer to eq....we had to use audio control...because I think its the only parametric eq...with volume and high Voltage output...we tried a ppi eq...and it had noise... normal eq has only 4v output...audiocontrol had 11v output...which is needed for Computer install without installing a radio for volume knob...hope that helps? ive also read that a pure I20 also works well...both of I20 and Istreamer make the Ipad sound better and best of all...charge your ipad...when in USE...kills two birds with one simple plug in solution.....cool?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Beautiful work! I need to figure out where to put my HVAC controls, as I used my center area for gauges, and I have my head unit in a pod where the ashtray would go.

Did the lines fit, or did you need to run extensions of some kind? Can you give me any details?

Thanks, and congrats on a great result.

Turn on button is great! I had to look twice...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AC relocation

ocala....yes...i had to move my AC as well.....my installer said that moving it into the Glove box...didnt require much fab work...didnt have to extend anything...but everyone does that?

i moved mine to the center console...he said everything extends easily but the fan control...it required a mechanical connection....he used a choke/throotle cable setup...i will show you as much pics as i have...to try and help...ok?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ac relocation pics

here are some Iphone pics...sorry...small

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ocala......hope you get an idea...of whats involved?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts