Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda short on cash and found a deal on some Fierce Brand Tires and was wondering if it ok to switch to them and if so what will i be gaining or losing?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
It will fit.....

The 245/45/17 are 1.3 inches shorter than Impala size. Since you have a Roadmaster, they are 2.3 inches shorter than factory.

They will looks absolutely horrible - way too skinny. Also, your speedometer will read 8.1% fast. You will also loose some traction off the line.

----

Tires are the most important piece of a car related to Handling. A crummy tire will make the car feel crummy, handle poorly, be vulnerable in the rain, and wear out extra fast.

Wait, Save, & Spend cash for real tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never thought about it like that....its that i guess im a little over excited that i finnaly got my rims that i just want to put them on there...ive been waiting for about 2ys to get them and everytime im close something happends I apprecitate it alot the information. ill just wait... is there anything else i should know about before mounting them with the exact size tires...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.