Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 94 impala SS with a rebuilt engine at 108000 and now I'm at 136000. I ok recently I just put on a new water pump, distrubutor and temp sensor. I drove 400 miles from DC to Columbus, Oh without a problem. Once I got here one day my car cut off while I was doing 40. I pulled over and it restarted without incident. Later it cut off again I had to restart it 3 times just you get it off the street. When I restarted it I would run for a second then just die. I thought it had low oil so I put some in let it cool then it started and it got me home. I check the throttle body for obstructions... nothing. I checked the vacuum hose... nothing. I thought it may be my fuel pump but it doesn't seem to be the problem. When I start it I hear a motor winding but engine it won't turn over and if it does it'll cut off either smoothly or violently. I took it to a mechanic he said it was my tps and my IAC. I went to the junkyard and found one of each from a roadmaster. I put it on started her up it sounded great for about 15 seconds then it cut off. I'm at a total lost. Then I thought it might be the idle air control valves so I bought those and installed them. Now its got like no power when it finally does start it like takes a lot of gas to do anything. Help me brothers.:confused:

I just started it this evening and it needs gas to get it going then it idles high and both cooling fans cut on and stay on. What does that mean?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Check fuel pressure. Just because you hear the pump does not mean it is providing the pressure and/or volume of fuel needed. A bad TPS will usually turn on the CEL.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
go 2 az n git it red.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bad Distributor

The computer is reading 3 charges of a bad distributor. Anyone know a good place to get one? AC Delco or Adelphi. None that chinese crap. No racist.cwm1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts