Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an LT4 damper bolt up and properly line up with all the accessories using the stock hub?

My stock damper disintergrated last night and I have an LT4 damper sitting in the garage. The dampers are slightly different which is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by Got 'Cupcake' Bearings?:
Will an LT4 damper bolt up and properly line up with all the accessories using the stock hub?

My stock damper disintergrated last night and I have an LT4 damper sitting in the garage. The dampers are slightly different which is why I'm asking.

Thanks.
Noel, I think you're going to need spacers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to be clear I believe Matt means accessory bracket spacers which Karl should have in stock. I am not sure about the hub.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got one for my stroker build-up - requires the accessory bracket to be spaced outwards 16mm to line up - full kit of 8 spacers from Karl was 40 or 50 bux - he had plenty in stock last i knew 2 months ago - hit him up he's top notch customer service wise - i'm sure he'll get 'em to you quickly - much cheaper than buying another damper and will eliminate the need for a notched passenger side valve cover if you ever wanted to change in the future

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Noel Ellwein racing engines has specialty spacers that you use to make it work. The bolts that bolt the accessroy bracket to the head get spaced out 16mm. Give karl a call. they are uber cheap too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.. I put it on last night. I had already spaced out the accessory bracket for the tall valve covers years ago... So it was a bolt on for me.

Thanks for the replies and i'm sure this will help someone else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.