Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may sound stupid but this radio was in my wagon when i bought it.is it a double din?

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
766 Posts
this may sound stupid but this radio was in my wagon when i bought it.is it a double din?
It is a 1-1/2 DIN Pioneer DEH-P77DH or DEH-P47DH. The 77 has a built-in alarm system and remote control. That's the only difference that I remember. (I bought the 77 for me and the 47 for my parents.)

It is actually a great unit for its age. I bought mine in 2000 and have moved it from car to car. I recently bought a module that allows me to play MP3s from a USB jump drive. Originally, I also had a module that muted the system if detected a cell phone in a conversation. (It may only work with analog phones though.)

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 1-1/2 DIN Pioneer DEH-P77DH or DEH-P47DH. The 77 has a built-in alarm system and remote control. That's the only difference that I remember. (I bought the 77 for me and the 47 for my parents.)

It is actually a great unit for its age. I bought mine in 2000 and have moved it from car to car. I recently bought a module that allows me to play MP3s from a USB jump drive. Originally, I also had a module that muted the system if detected a cell phone in a conversation. (It may only work with analog phones though.)
This is the 47no remote but it does have a lot of features.and plays great.I just want to install a video one.

·
Registered
766 Posts
One other difference is that the 47 only has 1 set of RCA outputs and the 77 has 2.
Thanks. I thought there was a difference in the number of RCAs, but I thought that my 77 had 3 sets of RCA's (1 set front, 1 set rear, 1 set subs) and the 47 only had the subs. [I haven't had my 77 out in a while and don't have the book handy and my mind is busy on other things, so you might be right.]

If I could find a good 77 at a low price, I would grab it for my wife's '92 Seville (already has a JVC hacked into the dash of the 2DIN factory was). She likes the remote on her JVC, so a 47 won't cut it.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have been watching for awhile and when they rarely show up on ebay, I get outbid. They usually go for over 100 dollars.
if someone has a good flipout i would trade them for mine plus cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts