Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
$2900

goto a mech and ask price to fix the CEL, and deduct that, unless your fixing it yourself.
Plus area of country you in matters AFA price it will sell for, basically YMMV
-ALF out....

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Take the cash you want to pay for the car with you, and wave it in front of him. He will probably jump on it.

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Still,if it runs/drives well with no other issues. Then it's probably worth the 3k...

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Couple of things I noticed that says clone. Green 9c1 hoses and the door locks are shiny. They were color coded on real Impalas. And aren't those cloth seats? Not that there is anything wrong with a clone, but have to call it as it is.
Sure looks like it, but they did a pretty good job on the exterior, things like body moldings, rocker panels, WW trim and bumper inserts. Stuff you usually don't see people do on a clone. But the interior with the trunk release on the HL switch and the smaller door panel bezels is a dead give away. Still, a pretty nice looking car.

Hard to see in the pics, but it also looks like it has a rubber mat instead of a carpet. So the interior alone screams 9C1 to me. But you got a good foundation there and just need to add some interior items from a wrecked Impala if you want to complete it. If $3k is the price, take $2500 with you and I bet he takes it. If the body is solid, I would say that's a pretty good buy for you. It took me many years to finally convert mine over and that included a drivetrain redo as well. If it's a 9C1, it most likely already has all the mechanicals done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts