Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! It is my pleasure and my honor to publicly announce the 2006 ISSCA Appointments.

On the weekend of January 27-29 the ISSCA Board of Directors (BoD) held a face-to-face meeting in Los Angeles. 11 board members flew in and were shown an AWESOME time by Noel, Thump, Jimmy, and the rest of the boys from Cali-SS on Friday night. Thanks Noel for organizing the festivities.

On Saturday it was time for business, and any of the ISSCA Directors who could NOT attend in person called in via an 8+ hour conference call to listen in (and vote) on all ISSCA business. This was vital as it established a quorum, which means all business voted on was official since we had enough ISSCA Execs and BoD members to represent the members.

There were also 2 ISSCA members who attended the meeting in person to watch the goings-on.

At the meeting, your 2006 ISSCA Executives were elected and new appointees for the operations of the club were appointed by our new President, in consultation with all the BoD:

Without further adieu, your
2006 ISSCA Executive Board:

President = Rick Matthews
VP = José Hernandez
Secretary = Rick Williams
Treasurer = Noel Haro

Here are your
2006 ISSCA Appointed Officials:

Public Relations Officer = Bill DeBlasio (Assistant PRO = Gene Zebley)
Webmaster = Dave "dW" Wilson (Assistant Webmaster = John Ruffo)
Publisher = Harvey Clark (Assistant Publisher = Dan Bass)
Parliamentarian = Jay Johnson
Sergeant at Arms = Paul Roswell
ISSCA SScene Editor = Dan Johnsen (Assistant Editor = Chris Nickell)
Photo Editor = Chino Barreto
National Head Car Show Judge = Larry Hall (Assistants = Philip Sheffield, Karen Clevenger)
National Drag Race Steward = Karl Ellwein (Assistants = Nabil Guffey, Glen Koenig)
National Road Race Steward = Bob Fandetti (Assistant = Chris Nickell)
National Autocross Steward = Todd Stranczek (Assistant = Bob Ploof)

Some positions remain open, and will be filled upon confirming choices suggested by the BoD. These include ISSCA Historian, and the newly-created position of National ISSCA Sound-Off Steward. We are also looking for a Technical Editor for the SScene.

Any ISSCA members that you know of that you think will be a good fit for these positions (we ALL know some audiophiles and some gearheads and some history buffs!) will be given serious consideration. ISSCA needs your assistance. For the members, by the members isn't just a slogan, it's our mantra. We openly welcome the participation and the involvement of ISSCA members.

Please feel free to now post/forward these results to your clubs/distro's and to any/all known ISSCA members.

REMEMBER: Every one of these individuals listed above is a volunteer whose only interest is to serve the membership of ISSCA and make our national club bigger, stronger and better in every way. Our BoD and Executive's pay OUT OF POCKET to attend these meetings, as we are all volunteers who do this for the love of the Impala.

Please help spread the word that ISSCA is looking forward to a big year in 2006 as we work towards the goals of what we all want ISSCA to be. Get involved, you won't be sorry. Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks for reading...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice Job. Thanks for the update . Looks like ISSCA for 2006 is off to a good start. Hopefully the new BOD and appointed officers can Bring some positive vibes back to ISSCA. I am relativly new to the ISSCA scene but It looks Like it is moving in the right direction. I am glad I just renewed my membership and look forward to 2006 with the new officers

8+ hours meeting on the phone :eek:

Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, ISSCA is only going to get better and better. The previous leaders built the foundation and sacrificed a lot of money and personal time.

It's our job to bring it to the next level!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool. And congrats to all; w/ a tip o'da hat to Jose H. Welcome aboard everyone.

Now let's kick some ass this year!

doug
former director R9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip Doug. I look forward to a great year. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

-Jose
Boldly going forward, because I can't find reverse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BK,

Thanks for the update.

It's now time for the members to ask "What can I do to make ISSCA better, not what can/has ISSCA done for me lately?"

The BOD needs input from the members, both GOOD and BAD. The tendency has been to be vocal about some shortcoming and tight lipped when something good has been done.

The time is now, help make YOUR club the best it can be.

We, the BOD, look forward to and want your suggestions and ideas.

Thanks for the support in the past and we look forward to your support and participation in the future.

Paul Roswell
Region 10 Director
and Sergeant of Arms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by BIG KAHUNA ****e:
[QB]

"11 board members flew in and were shown an AWESOME time by Noel, Thump, Jimmy, and the rest of the boys from Cali-SS on Friday night. Thanks Noel for organizing the festivities."

I would like to add my thanks to the Cali-SS guys also. They really treated us like royalty and made us feel glad to be a part of ISSCA. These are the little things that make it seem worthwhile to donate our own time and money for this club!
Thanks again Cali-SS and I hope to see all of you in INDY on the fourth this year so we can celebrate motherhood, apple pie, hot dogs, fireworks and Chevrolet's! What an appropriate occasion for us to enjoy the friendships these cars have brought us!
Later, Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BIG KAHUNA ****e:
Hello everyone! It is my pleasure and my honor to publicly announce the 2006 ISSCA Appointments.
2006 ISSCA Executive Board:

President = Rick Matthews
VP = José Hernandez
Secretary = Rick Williams
Treasurer = Noel Haro

Here are your
2006 ISSCA Appointed Officials:

Public Relations Officer = Bill DeBlasio (Assistant PRO = Gene Zebley)
Webmaster = Dave "dW" Wilson (Assistant Webmaster = John Ruffo)
Publisher = Harvey Clark (Assistant Publisher = Dan Bass)
Parliamentarian = Jay Johnson
Sergeant at Arms = Paul Roswell
ISSCA SScene Editor = Dan Johnsen (Assistant Editor = Chris Nickell)
Photo Editor = Chino Barreto
National Head Car Show Judge = Larry Hall (Assistants = Philip Sheffield, Karen Clevenger)
National Drag Race Steward = Karl Ellwein (Assistants = Nabil Guffey, Glen Koenig)
National Road Race Steward = Bob Fandetti (Assistant = Chris Nickell)
National Autocross Steward = Todd Stranczek (Assistant = Bob Ploof)

Please help spread the word that ISSCA is looking forward to a big year in 2006 as we work towards the goals of what we all want ISSCA to be. Get involved, you won't be sorry. Please PM me with any questions.
WOW this is a great Bill.
I have a suggestion for speading the word about the ISSCA. I have noticed alot of B-Body in my area that are converted from the local cop shop excess property. These guys are young and have done some wild things with their rides. Some have stopped to talk and they are interested in information. I was thinking about having a standard designed buisness card made into a image containing ISCCA information web sites, and the ISSCA logo. This would make it so easy when questions are asked. The ISSCA can have it available so any memeber can download the image and make up standard buisness cards to hand out when asked for information. I have had several trying to read the ISSCA local web site off the side windows.
First time I say it I thought they were breaking into my car. Not a good way to promote the organization.
Being able to just hand them the info on a buisness card would be so easy and maybe bring in new membership. Just a thought.

Barry (1SlowSS)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barry,
We have talk about that idea at the meeting in LA just a few weeks ago.

If I'm not mistaken, they would be included in the Impala SScene as a perforated tear off sheet. We also have a download section in the ISSCA WEBSITE and hope to have flyers that anyone can download and distribute.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Got 'Cupcake' Bearings?:

they would be included in the Impala SScene as a perforated tear off sheet.
This would be a fantastic idea, i usually read the SScene in the bathroom, and some tear off sheets would be real handy,!! :D
nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.