Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s an update to some happenings at ISSCA I thought would be of special interest.

On October 24, 2006 the Board of Directors met, this time having a quorum, we were able to vote on some important items. One you already know about, the decision to hold the 2007 ISSCA National Convention of Membership in St. Louis June 15 -17, we’re all excited about visiting that venue again and who knows perhaps it will be the venue of choice for a number of years to come. Looking at the excitement on the Impala SS Forum it looks like the members approve of the choice too. We hope to have registration open by mid November.

Second item of importance, ISSCA Directors have passed the first vote on a measure designed to get more member involvement and activity in ISSCA. It is important to note that with bylaw changes the Directors have to vote a second time and the measure has to pass, which I fully expect will happen at our next meeting. The measure is to allow the members of ISSCA through a general election to elect the next President and Vice President. This has been proposed twice in the past and both times the measure was defeated however this time I believe the momentum to pass the measure is unstoppable.

While most of the details still have to be worked out and the measure has to be incorporated into the ISSCA bylaws I‘ll share some of the key points; the term will be for two years, membership will have the opportunity to submit nominations to the Board of Directors, candidates will have to meet a qualifier of having served on the Board for at least a period of one year prior to being nominated and a member in good standing. There are quite a few other details that have to be worked out, but our goal is to have the membership nominate and elect the next President and Vice President of ISSCA.

Another item of importance, the BoD has a number of seats open or opening up for election. November is typically the time each year director nominations are made with elections to follow so the new directors can be seated in the beginning of the New Year. ISSCA is authorized to have 26 directors – two from each of 13 regions – each year ½ of the seats are up for election. Through 2006 we only had 21 seats filled and two directors resigned during the year leaving us with 19 directors on the rolls. Also in the bylaws it takes a quorum consisting of 60% of the directors present to hold a meeting.

I want to encourage each member to consider volunteering as a director, we typical attempt to have two electronic meetings per month which last for approximately two hours. If you have had interest in being involved in ISSCA, or know someone that would be an asset to the club this is your chance to step up, you can have your (their) name added to the ballot in your region, simply send an email to [email protected] by November 10th and she will make sure the nomination committee gets the information.

ISSCA welcomes the newest Chartered Club DeepSSouthSS, congratulations and welcome It was a pleasure meeting the group that traveled to Impalafest, we look forward to seeing you all in St. Louis.

Thanks for the band width, SSee y’all in St. Louis

Rick Matthews, President

[ 10-27-2006, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: HighwaySS ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by HighwaySS:
ISSCA welcomes the newest Chartered Club DeepSSouthSS, congratulations and welcome It was a pleasure meeting the group that traveled to Impalafest, we look forward to seeing you all in St. Louis.
YEHAAAAA!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.