Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, as those of you who are following the saga... my wagon is almost done and hopefully (time and god willing) the new year will come in with a spark or 2, or mabey a whole miles worth.

those of you wondering, i had started the project shooting for the best, and the most versatile, and little by little, have re-designed, re-structured, and re-bought various parts and ideas.

Before i go into any thoughts, let me first state that... I have been FORCED to drive a Hyundai Sonata (for one day) and a Lexus GS300 and a 92 VW Beetle Turbo... and i will say that NOT a one of them even compared to my wagon. IF you disregarded the thought of selling it immediatly afterwards, i would not trade my wagon for any of them.

ok, on to some pix......
for starters... i was lovigng the way it looked with all the doors open for some reason, so i took some shots like this...

keep in mind both of these photos are on stock rims and tires, and these photos were pre fender modding...

so.. here is a fender shot..
as you see, the car is resting on the tires... if you look closely, you can see the Fbody swaybar staring you in the eyes.

So needless to say, came the cutting, which lead to this shot...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now the rear...
keep in mind, the rear is not permanent, this is the extremely temporary setup, until i can do the ford 9, tubbed rear.

no photos of the goods yet, but here is a photo of the underside of the goods...

yes those are the shocks, they arent relocated yet in this, and yes that is my mufflers dragging the ground. they will be redone soon too. dont you worry yet..

now onto the 3rd seat compartment...
here is a prelim shot...

as you can see... dynamat equivalent is going in at the same time... heat gun, compressor, tank (not the real tank, just the one that will do till we make the real ones) and the batteries. All ofthis was welded down to a metal frame work that would allow for this whole setup to be removed if i felt like it with 4 wingnuts.

This photo is... for those who read my every post (i like to sound arrogant at times, but its just for fun) is my external jump switches, and external kill switch in the drivers side rear.. and a few extra BS wires that used to go to stuff...

well, then came the rethinking... which is actually prethinking, because there is still a really lage picture that i am painting that i cant share yet... but...

more metal frame work to hold the batteries in place, so that they dont get jarred around, and everything is right there next to everything else power related... Notice the 0 guage magnetically sheilded welding wire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While the super lowered wagon is not for me, it sure is dramatic! And I still love a white wagon. I can't wait 'til you get it done. Congrats on the progress that you've made so far.

David
Dallas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good man! I really like the black steel rims and the Tinited windows/ Blacked out B-pillars. That looks cool with the white.

What are the new inner fenders made out of?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wagonboy... stop reading my posts, and go screw the blonde for me... i havent gotten to put some of the little stuff in yet. the coolant res will be replaced with either an s10 coolant res or a fancy chrome catch can...

lambdapro... thanks. sadly, (well not sadly for me) when i get my rims, the car is going black. but ill tell you more on that when it happens. a neat thing is since white looks soo much bigger than a black car, it makes this boat look like a god driving down the road..

Vandal835...i think the big black steelies are much better than the crome wire hubcaps that were on it ;) gives it that whole floating look... Inner fenders are made from Trailer Tubs. they still have to be fully welded in, and the inside still are going to be welded in, so that no water flies into the engine and it will be just like stock engine, just not so stock...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well for the mean time... well actually let me rephrase that alot..
for the instant mean time, I am gonna get impala ss rims... THEN about a month or 2 from now 20/22's my problem is that i want some 22x12's and cant find a good, clean matching set. I was originally gonna gun 18/22's just for that over dramatic huge rear end buried under the rear. (tucking at least 4 lugs)

i want to tub the rear so that once the big block is finished being built, that i can actually go to the track and put on some 15x18's big fatties.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one question. Not by a long shot am i trying to sound like a jerk but, Are you sure that a 18 will fit in that same wheel tub up front? It kinda looks like its tightly contoured to the 15...
Like I said, It could be the pic angle and it could have plenty of room, or the 18" tire diameter will be close enough to the same :D
Either way, looks cool as h*ll, nice goin.

So, you plan on doing a drag race 2x3 backhalf with a 4 link? or somethin else up your sleeve? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the weel tub in the front will hold a 10, but i would never run a 10 in the front, its just there to allow turning radius...

the tubs in the rear will be of a totally different peice. oh hey, when re-reading your post, i see my errors... the angle is probabnly whats throwing it off. the wheel well should hold a 28" tire with no problem. so even if i did 20's with 4" of tire on both sides, it would only rub if i was layed out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok... new news... finally found a place to get my steel braided line from for the air... half inch ID steel braided... 400 degree temp rating, 1000 rms psi 2000psi burst pressure, witha 5" turn radius. for 6$ a foot. it comes in tomorrow, and i should be driving

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking Good Crispix396, are you going to shave the hood ornament, door handles, or change the grill? That would look cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hehe, thats the next thing. some of it is gonna be a secret though... not that its any thing new, but i just dont want to say that im doing it till it is closer to being real.

shaving the car is more important to me than rims. so its on the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, 6$ a foot, thats a lot right, but think about it... you but copper tubing, 20 foot is $24 at home depot... then throw in all your fittings, connectors, Compression fittings, pipe benders, throwing away several peices that you bent messed up, the 4 hours ou are gonna spend trying to run it around the gas tank, and inbetweent he tranny and the floor board. I spent 156$ just on fittings and 2 rolls of 1/2" brass, and i was still needing fittings, and the brass only did one side, and half of the other side. So now im up to almost 200 bux and a lot of time and fittings that are practically guaranteed to leak... versus the money spent to just push that line through the frame, and plug it into the bags. beleive me, its worth it, adn even if I totally drag the bottom half of my frame off, unknowingly, and the line drags, its fine. and 2000 psi burst rate is sweet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
a place right down the street from me.. if you want any, just let me know, and the feet size...
ps, i did not price out 3/8's but if you guys want that, let me know...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so, it just keeps going a little more than planned... so, here is the new side shots before i take more tomorrow.. (ps tomorrow i get impala wheels too ;) )

GETTING LOWER

LOST SOME NUTS

mabey they just sucked up, it is cold outside...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.