Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may sell tiki and the l99 pos as a package deal.....im thinking about it!

im so very beyond pissed right now:mad::mad::mad::mad: ive had a crappy car day!
tiki's ac is leaking on the carpet and i can seem to get answers as to how to fix it! i have the carpet ripped out and the passenger seat.and back seat out....have the clip-in panel out from under the dash....and have no idea what im looking at!

the l99 needs an opti and i may get F### out of the days that scoob8000 and i are both off and suppose to put it in.
this morning i realized one of the rags i had left in tiki overnight had been peed on by my wifes cat (im gonna break the little bastards neck when i catch him) so now my car smells like cat piss cwm8and ...the icing on the cake...as of this morning my headunit no longer recognizes the face plate...... it turns on ...but none of the buttons work...no volume control...no changing stations!
someone tell me why i should continue with the b body's?
all this on top of my managers at work being a-holes....and i got a kid due any time now. the wife is hormonal and lazy ....i give up!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Because they are sooo cooollll! By the way, you will forget about this in a week or so but you will probably be really upset a week after you sell everything and that will continue until you replace it. Hang in there, it'll all work out.:) And besides, you're going to need the wagon for all the baby stuff you'll be hauling around for a few years!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've almost had it too (not with the Wagon though)...

I'm having similar "curse sessions" with my son's Beretta all this weekend. Rear brake cylinder was pissing fluid, so we pulled the B!tch apart for 'lesson time' for the 18 year old. Bought the cylinder re-build kit, plus two of the possible replacement cylinders (which were cheaper than a re-build kit?).

Cursed the GM Engineers a few times, but got it all back together again, but can't seem to get pressure up? Bled the brakes in the rear, couple bubbles, still no pressure. Tried to bleed the fronts, can't seem to break the valves loose!!! almost stripped them!

Well, donated enough knuckle skin for the day, so wait for penetrating oil to do it's work...

Son then tells me he practically ran the reservoir dry last week... SH!T! whole system may be Kung-foo'ed with air...

Time to swing a cat at something! jk

·
Registered
81 Posts
tiki's ac is leaking on the carpet and i can seem to get answers as to how to fix it! i have the carpet ripped out and the passenger seat.and back seat out....have the clip-in panel out from under the dash....and have no idea what im looking at!
When you look under the pass dash, there is a box screwed in by 4 (5?MM) bolts. remove those - the one against the firewall is a PAIN!!

With the AC cover off, it'll be obvious how to replace the condenser, or at least clean it off. If it is leaking water onto the floor, then there is a drain that goes out through the firewall. Check for an extension and elbow in the engine compartment. If all is good there, then check to see if the AC cover drain is plugged.

Need help? PM me, I've done this twice for heater cores.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
^^ yup! i couldnt figure out why my floor was getting wet either until i noticed i didnt have an "elbow" extended off of the drain hole through the firewall, so while driving i think the air pressure down there just pushed back on the fluid trying to drain through the wall and instead it flowed back out onto my carpet. then as soon as i stopped i would notice a huge puddle of water under the passenger wheel...draining out all at once. even changed the heatercore and found i didnt even need to :mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Because they are sooo cooollll! By the way, you will forget about this in a week or so but you will probably be really upset a week after you sell everything and that will continue until you replace it. Hang in there, it'll all work out.:) And besides, you're going to need the wagon for all the baby stuff you'll be hauling around for a few years!
+1 its times like these that push us to make the mistake of selling a wagon. I too had a bad car day like yours. I just gotten the rear lowwer quater pannels done due to the fact they were rusted sooooo bad u could c my spare. I got her washd n waxd shinied my rims and proceeded to pick my wife up from work ( Dwn town Brooklyn NY ). Im at a RED light STOPPED this @zzmunch comes speeding with a 03 4 pontiac gp SLAMZ into my driver side rearcwm3. I get out and thats it she waz dead.

I sold her, they took her to florida, she waz gone :(. I never thought it could hurt to loose a car but it did. I had 4 cars since then and finally just got my dream wagon Lt1 DGGM omg!!!!! Really u need that b body in ur life, strollers, play toyz, DIAPERS, lol. My daughter just turnd 1 and my new wagon has done it all for me. Fix it , wash it, drive ur family around safely in it , and forget the BS dayz that come along. Good luck. God bless u and your family.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Reasons why not to sell

1. You will regret it later
2. your soon to be born child deserves to experience the pinnacle of evolution of the big car ride.
3. your wife and child will be alot safer riding in it.
4. You will regret it later

everything you mentioned is an easy fix.

kill the cat, buy a radio, fix the leak. My 92 has algae currently growing in the carpet. I'm just waiting for cooler weather to tackle it...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ok here is my take. Prolems come and problems go. Hell mine are still continuing after teh fire. I got the carb back from rebuilding and something isn't right. Now I am not sure what because I did 3 things while the intake and carb were off. Carb got rebuilt, put a different intake on, and plugged the crossovers, which I dont' think applies to anyone but me on here. Now I only drove it once and only for a very short drive so it may be fixable. But I have had the intake off of this car more times than I can count. It has had 4 different intakes on it. But in the end I love my car. I loved looking at it even when it was broken. So the best way I can say to figure out which direction you should go is are you happy with them? Do you like just looking at them? DO you like the reaction you get from people when you are out in it? Will you miss it when it's gone? After answering those questions you should have a decent answer. But if it turns out you want to get rid of them. I know where there might be some nice box B-Bodies:D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i may sell tiki and the l99 pos as a package deal.....im thinking about it!

im so very beyond pissed right now:mad::mad::mad::mad: ive had a crappy car day!

the l99 needs an opti and i may get F### out of the days that scoob8000 and i are both off and suppose to put it in.
this morning i realized one of the rags i had left in tiki overnight had been peed on by my wifes cat (im gonna break the little bastards neck when i catch him) so now my car smells like cat piss cwm8and ...the icing on the cake...as of this morning my headunit no longer recognizes the face plate...... it turns on ...but none of the buttons work...no volume control...no changing stations!
someone tell me why i should continue with the b body's?
all this on top of my managers at work being a-holes....and i got a kid due any time now. the wife is hormonal and lazy ....i give up!
1. As allready stated, check for the drain elbow on the firewall. If it's there, remove the lower condensor cover under the dash and inspect for a blockage in the drain tube to the outside firewall. What happens is if the drain elblow falls off, water is forced back into the tube while driving and eventually leaks on the floor. The fix is not that hard. Have you done the "Drain Tube Mod" to this car?

2. The Opti is a common fix on these cars, you probably knew that allready and scoob is capable of good help for ya to do the fix.

3. The head unit? Not a problem with the car itself. I have a 5 yr old Pioneer head unit in one of my cars the requires you to push in on the faceplate to change stations, CD Tracks or the volume.....I live with it and drive on.

4. The Cat piss......No comment, same for the Wife senario!

I have 2 complete low mile L99's in the garage.......Need another 1?

AC Drain hose Mod link

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=227722&page=3

Drain Tube Elbow - On Firewall - PS of the car.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Ian,

I would hate to see you get away from the b-bodies. I was so looking forward to you AND your family coming to WF 2010. Sleep on it a few nights before you make a decision. I understand the frustration, but unless you can afford to buy a new car every 4 years, I know I cannot!!, you will have headaches with whatever you drive. You might as well enjoy it!!

I had a similar couple of weeks with the G-Pa. The wife trashed 2 wheels, I had a water leak (A/C hose) and put about 3 gallons on my floorboards, put wires on the car wrong and struggled with it for 2 full days before I figured out that I am an idiot, now my A/C stopped working and I had to have a body shop patch a rotten quarter panel up and paint the lower drivers rear quarter.

But I did get my rear seat mod under way and bought a console with a floor shifter. ;) Not all bad news.

I wish you were closer, we could help one another with our issues. Keep the faith brother!! Call me if you want to talk.

Tim

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Reasons why not to sell

2. your soon to be born child deserves to experience the pinnacle of evolution of the big car ride.
3. your wife and child will be alot safer riding in it.
^^ WELL SAID! this era of cars wont be around for ever.. but its up to guys like us here to keep em on the road for as long as we can. hell, i want MY KIDS kids to be able to experience these things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.