Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to move away from the typical autozone crap that I've been using as they are proving to be inefficient over time. Want to get a reasonably price jack that will survive. I was looking at this because I got a coupon to get it for $59 bucks. I'm leary as it's only a 3000 lb jack. I will continue to look further.

Please post pics or reviews of what you have/had over the years.

If BK stumbles upon this thread tell him don't go showing his jack off. Thnx

Hil

· Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
2,713 Posts
I bought mine from Sam's Club, low profile, works perfect!

· Registered
373 Posts
I have that exact same jack, though I think it might have slightly different branding. Got it as a gift and I think they paid like $130 for it. It's been a pretty good jack and for $59 I would replace it in a heartbeat. Can't remember exactly when I got it, but probably 5+ years ago, and it's only just suffered a piece of the jacking pad snapped off and has started to leak just a little when jacked all the way up.

· Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
I have a Torin jack. Had one of the pump cylinders leak; Torin sent me a new "power assembly" at no charge - second one didn't quite line up bolt-wise, but it was close enough. Occasionally one of the pump cylinders gets stuck. So it's not been perfect, but it works well.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
I bought a Hein Werner about 20 years ago when Auto Parts Club was around. A 2 ton unit - never had a problem. But parts are available if I ever need them. Not a complex unit.

I would scour the classifieds, ads, and web for a good used one from the major players like Lincoln, Hein Werner, Walker, Blackhawk, etc. Plenty of old timer mechanics or start ups that go out of business dumping their good stuff.

That Chicom stuff is pretty much not worth fixing and no respectable parts place will stock parts for them. Some are better than others but nothing like good old stuff made in the USA.

A good site:

http://blackhawkparts.com/store/page18.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.