Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have to say I am pretty impressed with the stuff that arrived today for the price, I will shoot some pics of the installation along the wawy, but really you can't beat the price that is for sure... to be cont'd

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yes, pics! :)

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure thing, It is coming along nicely I worked on it a bit last night, I had to patch up the hacked up portions of the original forward of the crossmember. There is one bend that I wish was a little different, but oh well it is going to work :) I will try to post up some pics by this weekend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mike, glad things are moving forward on the Roady. I'd like to know what the Jeg's sounds like in the car when you're all done, maybe go for a ride in it. I need to replace the exhaust in the gold sled, and I've been thinking about ordering the Jeg's kit. Yes, I already have all of the frame side hangers that I need, along with the heat shield. Got them off of that red '94 Roady over at LKQ last week.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very cool Andy I am sure that I can help you with that :) I took some pictures last night I got it all hooked up, couldn't fire the car as I ran into a small gas tank problem and is unrelated :( Anyway should have it running this weekend. I will post up the pictures later today or tomorrow.

It went together ok, I would of changed the bends over the axle a bit, but they aren't bad. I am betting that there really isn't a jig that is used to bend these pipes, but it came out alright, wasn't looking for perfection that is for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Alright all here they are the pics. Overall I am still impressed with the setup as cheap as it is, the pipes are thick gauge and all, but like I said the pips over the axle from these people need some work that is for sure. but here we go.

Old chopped together junk exhaust

Drivers side, I had to remake the hook up as it was hacked together when they cut the cats off.

passenger, had to remake this hook up as well, the intermediate pipe that was on the car was split completely down the center of it all the way down. they wrapped that exhaust bondo on it.

Mufflers

Supplied hangars that mate up to the original mounts

Behind the axle

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Tip

The drivers side is what I hate, I think that they could of cut the bend a bit closer to the gas tank, as it sits way out and is probably 2 inches from the tire, which isn't bad, it just seems to hang low as well. oh well no biggie really.

This is kindof stupid as well where the pipe is cut over the axle, as you have to put a clamp above the axle on the aft section, just weird, oh well

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks good from the outside. I'm looking forward to that ride.cwm4

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That thing's got some rumble for sure.

But did the muffs come pre-rusted?!? :0

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they aren't the flash on my camera is odd and it makes things look different sometimes, I think the coating on them, i.e. the aluminization process probably yellowed them a bit, they don't look like they are rusted in person. :)

·
Registered
1994 9C1 6spd swap, 1995 Fleetwood
190 Posts
Dude I got to stop by and here that roady in person soon

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Why not? Put it as far forward as possible.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Tip
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/syclnjr/95
This is kindof stupid as well where the pipe is cut over the axle, as you have to put a clamp above the axle on the aft section, just weird, oh well
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/syclnjr/95%20Roady/IMG_2304.jpg
I used a heavy truck band clamp on this joint to make service removal and clearance easier

is there any space to :Dfit a H pipe on the jegs cat back . thanks
Yes you can. I have done this on two of these systems with a noticible difference in before and after. I felt the difference between the addition of the catback was not as significant as the addition of the h pipe. I would still do both again.

Chris

I effed up quote/editing the picture...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts