Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Jerry's Kit" Sequential Tail Lights for Impala SS, using on a roadmaster...

Several people have done this mod where they use "Jerry's Kit" http://www.jerryselectronics.com/turnsignals/motionsignals.htm
on their roadmaster.

Instead of 3 lights blinking we have 4 on roadmasters. The inner 2 flash together first, then the next then the last one (outer).

My question is.... It has been said there are some very minor mods to make this kit work on our roadies....can anyone say exactly what? In detail? Please and thank you

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
"Jerry's Kit" Sequential Tail Lights for Impala SS, using on a roadmaster...

Wouldn't it look whole lot better to just eliminate one of the bulbs on the end?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah it looks fantastic with the inner two coming on together.. saw it on youtube. hope i can make mine work in that manner.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Did you try to email Jerry and ask his thoughts on what you are trying to do with your Roadie.

I recently installed his kit in my Caprice and he quickly responded to my email.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have succesfully installed the kit (although I haven't messed with the 4th light YET)

There are some differences that roadmaster owners will need to know about when installing this kit.

First of all. The instructions are, of course, catered specifically to the Impala SS. With the tail lights off an impala SS, looking at the back of them, the MIDDLE bulb is a single filament small bulb. This bulb correlates with the 3rd light inward on the roadmaster. You will have to enlarge this hole to install the socket provided.

Secondly, the instructions, which again are talking about Impala will make reference to the "innermost" lights. This light is actually the "outermost" on Roadmasters.

So in review impalas middle light corresponds with roadmasters 3rd light inward, counting from the outside... and impalas innermost light corresponds with roadmasters outermost light.

If you take that into consideration when installing you will get the correct blink pattern for turn signals.

What is extremely confusing to me is that the Ping Pong show off mode (like knight rider) does not work correctly, the lights are out of order for that. How in the world are they in the correct order for turn signals but not for the show off mode???

At a later date i would like to make my 3rd and 4th bulbs light up together, which would require another socket for 2057 double filament bulbs. Does anyone know exactly how to make the 3rd and 4th lights illuminate together?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i doubt he'll do that seeing as the impala kit works so good as it is. Anyone have a clue why the knight rider show off mode wont work exactly right for me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts