Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally got her back from paint, since she had a blue hood, driver's fender and bumper. Also the front of driver's door was crunched. Not the best mudding job in the world, but for what i paid, i can't complain at all ($200) I think it was never a show quality car and it still isn't, but She'll still turn a few heads rolling down the street. Also, I got my SS rims on (thanks, GoldSSWagon) what do you guys think?

Right after accident:

The body work begins:

This morning:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Uh I would take it back cause the forest look with leaves in the paintsceme is so 60's-70's

Lol seriously though, it looks great and congrats on it comming out perfect :cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet your glad you stuck with it rather that scrap it. It looks great!

Tom C.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice job ! sharp looking Caprice.I can not even tell anything ever happened to it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the comments, heres some pics where you can see the new rims...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you get the rims with some spare cash left over from the insurance? Or the painter threw it in 'cos you're a nice guy? :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, there was no insurance, the accident was my fault, I got the rims from GoldSSwagon on the forum with some student loan money, plus i sold some parts from the parts car that we used to fix the JewRyde. I got a awesome deal on them though ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those custom made "Caprice Classic" rear quarter emblems? or you buy them somewhere?

I love them!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they were custom made by a sign shop...$12 for both sides. glad you like 'em...thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW!!! :eek: now this is a story we can all feel good about. a great job and congrats for all of your sticktoofness.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone. I can't really drive it right now though because it needs an idler arm bad, it's wandering all over the road :( oh well it's always gotta be something, right?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks cool!! Especially with the SS rims!

How'd did the accident happen? I rearended someone too in my car before.

You said it wanders all over the place, have you checked your front end(suspension) for damamge from the accident??

Get it going soon!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So glad you kept her and restored her!

She looks awesome!

I'll bet she's going to give you some sweet times cruising down the road again!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great man. Glad to see it's back to where it was, and then some.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dave,

Looks great, but why are you selling it now?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts