Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my rotors, bearings and pads a month ago, at first everything was good but now when I hit a pot hole even a street crack I get a little jingle on the brakes, but I step on them while I am going over them I get no jingle. I checked them out and the ears that hold the pads needed to be bent down for them to **** flush on the caliper. I did that and I still get the noise as if they are jiggling on the caliper. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Loose outer pads (Clinch the ears) or a broken anti rattle clip on the inner pad. I had the Jingle on my wagon, I re clinched the pads and its mint. They always seem to loosen.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loose outer pads (Clinch the ears) or a broken anti rattle clip on the inner pad. I had the Jingle on my wagon, I re clinched the pads and its mint. They always seem to loosen.
I clinched the ears already so it must be the anti -rattle clip, I was able to move it up and down when I was working on that but I thought once clinched that was it. Can I take out the anti-rattle clip, I never wear down the pads that much any ways since I have lifetime replacements and I cannot wear them all the way down or I void it.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Get a new anti rattle clip they probably cost a dollar. All you have to do is take the caliper off and remove the inner pad. DONT run without one

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had the same issue but I bought the caliper hardware kit at autozone for 5 bucks and it came with eight o-rings four bushings and two pad clips! It helped a lot no brake noise or bump noise!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds like sway bar end link bushings,, Have you checked them out?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like sway bar end link bushings,, Have you checked them out?
Yup, there are new and torqued to spec when I had the shop redo the whole front end. I actually thought the same thing so I went back to get everything checked and it was all fine. It has to be the brakes cause it won't jingle on a bump if I hit the brakes before going over a bump.
I bought the hardware a few months ago but the one on the caliper seemed good so I saved the other for back up. I will work on it and keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It is the shims on the back of your brake pads.

Disassemble your brakes and remove these shims. Bend the tabs so that they clip back onto the pad nice and tight. Enjoy your quiet bumps.

I also suggest replacing all of the rubber oring things like someone already suggest. Replace anti rattle clips, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts