Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i went up to cartunes with my boy and he had three JL W7's installed with 3 2000 watt PPI amps in a 2002 trailblazer and my ears havent been the same since. i highly recomend these speakers for the people who want some boom in the trunk. thought id share my experience with ya, peace!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey jmanchen's9C1

do u have any pics of ur stereo?

thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size speaker and box did he buy? I've heard a 10" and it didn't play any louder than a kicker comp vr 10", also the W7's are very expensive compared to other subs.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had some experience with some W6's and those things kick arse, so I would expect nothing less of the new W7.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F car tunes hthy do goo work but the guys in theberkleystore are dicks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn how much did he spend on everything?
there about 750 each sub. PLUS amps :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all together including custom install with 0 gauge wires and yellow optima tops with amps pushed about 4500. as far as the guys at cartunes we went to the one on gratiot not berkly. he put the 15's in his truck.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$4500.00 at cartunes?????????
that's crazy, he may have been able to get the same items for $2500.00 on the web. cartunes is a great store,I shop there too, but I only shop there when they have a very good sale or if it's something I need right away.(cables,fuses,grills,etc.) they wanted $499.00 for L7 15" and they're on ebay for $255.00 (just an example of what you can save)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he doesnt have L7's he's got W7's
theres a difference one is from JL the other is not. also thats installed with custom box

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jmanchen's9C1:
he doesnt have L7's he's got W7's
theres a difference one is from JL the other is not. also thats installed with custom box
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I used the L7's as an example for saving money on the products that cartunes carry.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all together including custom install with 0 gauge wires and yellow optima tops with amps pushed about 4500. as far as the guys at cartunes we went to the one on gratiot not berkly. he put the 15's in his truck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The w7s dont come in 15". They only go up to 13.5". If he got those he spend well over $4500 with PPI amps. The subs alone cost $799 ea. My buddy spend $4000 and he got two 13.5" with a limited ed. Memphis 2000 watt but that is with two component sets in a suburban. Man you can not sit in the truck with the vol. on half. The windows are about to explode out the side. All I can say is JL done it this time. There is no sub that will come close. Trust me.

Im saving up right now for two 12s with a 1500 pcx PPI. Cant wait

:cool:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he's got 15's If you dont beleive come see for your self

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he's got 15's If you dont beleive come see for your self<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then they are not w7s. What do they look like. Do they look sorta like a flat piston with the think round foam and have the w7 tag on them. Just go to the site. www.jlaudio.com. It tell you all about them there. They come in 10" which are 500 watts the 12s are 750watts and the 13.5" are a 1000watts rms.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe i need to lay of the crack pipe but i coud of sworn they were W7's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts