Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finished my motor up tongiht and on firing it up it sunds like only one cylinder is firing. Spark is there but weak. All grounds are good. Only things not plugged in are the opti vent and one o2 sensor. Fuel pump is working, but i didnt check pressure.Someone point me in the right direction.

· Registered
1,257 Posts
I think its your Variable Transistor Accumulator Kenetisizer AKA VTEK!!!

Lol. No, your need some more description. What did you do to the motor? Just a rebuild?, full build?, Check all sensors?, why didnt you hook everything else up yet?

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea my bad
Cam: AI 225/235 109 LSA intake-.574 exhaust .577
1.6 roller rockers with beehives on stock alum heads
everything else is still stock
Opti vent tubing is not on because i ordered a new one and its not here yet and the o2 bung was welded into the wrong location

all sesnors were checked and rechecked

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Hmmmm. Id say go back and redo your valve lash on your rockers.

Here's a good site to show you how to do this(Little past half way mark):

http://www.shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html

BTW: Why are you running a nice cam and running stock alum heads???

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
BTW: Why are you running a nice cam and running stock alum heads???
It was set forth as a long term project and unfortunetly plans had to be changed to suit the needs of those where the car was:(

aslo to add valve lash is not too tight maybe too loose though could this be a reason?

· Registered
1,257 Posts
Maybe. They need to be set at zero, otherwise the timing is almost affected, because the rockers may be moving but arent moving the pushrods right away, since it has to "make up slack" first before it reaches the push rods.

Trying doing this first, as i remember someone had a problem with their motor running rough too.

Edit: Just seen the car isnt running at all o_O. Well bad lash my make it run like crap, but i doubt not run at all. Start with the basics......Spark, Fuel, Compression.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spark is there for sure but seems weak, I have checked all the grounds and they are good. If the timing chain is off a tooth could it cause a no start?

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so an update...
I quickly tossed some starter fluid in it this morning and it fires right off, bu of course soon dies...So I guess i am looking for a fuel issuecwm7

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weak spark is most likely your issue. Check the usual suspects: Coil, ICM, Opti and all connections. Are these parts new or used? You could have something that's just not plugged in all the way.
everything is new but the coil

· Banned
1,259 Posts
Well you know its not spark if it fires up with starting fluid.

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly, the injectors all have power. I need to check pressure and if they are clogged and go from there. Hopefully it is an easy fix. what are the chances the fuel regulator went out? I know not many people have issues with them but it has 190k on it

· Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it ended up being gummed up injectors...it runs! now onto the next issue:

no speedo so where is the VSS? pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.