Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we moved to Florida in mid July, did a cross country trip (the southern route out I-10 in a different vehicle) and decided when we got back to FL that we needed to get the "hot house" tinted. Here is the before and after photos. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier for the "appearance" factor. The wagon looks so much better with the tinted windows!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
It looks really good with the tint. I know it feels much better with it. I'll probably get mine tinted this weekend. It's super hot in Florida right now. It was 94 here today.

·
Registered
778 Posts
How dark is that tint? Looks pretty similar to mine. (except obviously much much newer lol)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the positive remarks. The rears (behind the front seat) are 18% and the front doors are 35%.

Been thinking about the pillar black out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I did the back a while back with that static cling crap. It looks like crap, but works. I laid some film on my back doors last weekend, after replacing my rollers and one motor. Now that I can, my daughter wont let me roll the windows down...

·
Registered
95 Posts
So.. did you have the tinting done by a professional? Or did you do it yourself? How much did it cost?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was done by a local shop - Tint World. They priced it over the phone at $285 - saw the car and said they really underbid it but honored the price. When I was checking around the prices went form $185 to $350. Someone I knew here couldn't say enough about this shop and I have to agree. Very professional, they did a great job and this was the best film they had available and honored a $50 off coupon. Maybe the $185 price would have been just as good or maybe the film would turn purple - who knows?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks great, it does make a huge difference. Car looks much better and it stays a LOT cooler. Tint was my first mod. when I got my wagon. Getting it professionally done is definitely worth it. I think you got a fair price. Finding a good shop is the important thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.