1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Looks nice and very clean. I'm getting ready to get a set of doors from a white/blue '95 sedan from a local salvage yard if you need that corner light;)

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks pretty solid and clean. Has it been repainted?
I don't think so. I pulled the compnine on it, and one of the codes is a blue and red pinstripe. The pinstripe is still there, only slightly worn.

I put a stereo in last weekend, along with new speakers. When I removed the rear seat, not only the seat itself, but the white painted metal under it looks as new. The trunk is a clean as new inside, and shows no sign of age.

Not a gum wrapper, not even DUST! The seat belt in the back was folded up and still had the ORIGINAL rubber band on it.

Engine looks clean as well. Runs great, quiet and shifts perfect. The AC (R12!) blows ice cold.

When I first received the car, I was annoyed that the seller didn't mention the "little things" that needed at attention that were in the pictures but bot apparent.

There is no keyless entry, and the key works on the passengers side only. I may install an aftermarket keyless entry. Going to the passengers side to open the car, then opening the drivers side via the electric locks thankfully present is a pain.

The radio didn't work at all. Annoying but an easy fix.

Broken lens and scuffed bumper up front.

Broken door window switch panels.

Anyway, now that I'm starting to fix the little stuff I really feel lucky to have it.

I was on the fence because I wanted one with an LT1, I couldn't resist the condition of of this one.

I'm going to keep this one "bone stock" and I plan to drive it for a LONG time!

Thanks for the replies!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Beautiful car! I like my RMS as much, or more, than my Impala's .

How does the SBC 350 compare, in power and driving, to the 350 LT1?

It sure seems, from my E-bay brousing, Florida is THE place to find nice, well kept, 1980-90's American cars!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful car! I like my RMS as much, or more, than my Impala's .

How does the SBC 350 compare, in power and driving, to the 350 LT1?

It sure seems, from my E-bay brousing, Florida is THE place to find nice, well kept, 1980-90's American cars!
The engine has less power than the LT1 for sure, but because its really like new it's very smooth and quiet. Not having as much power as an LT1 doesn't mean you don't have enough, especially given how I drive the Roadmaster compared to the impala, or the 9c1 I had for 8 years. With the imp or the 9c1 I'm on the gas or the brakes just about all the time.

I know people mod the roadmasters, particularly the LT1 models. But this one for me is a different animal. I don't want to sound silly, but I would say it's a gentleman's car. I'm not really tempted to push it. I drive it very gently and plan to keep it stock. On the highway it cruises very well, smooth and quiet. If you want to pass the car has plenty of power.

With the dynaride suspension you don't feel the road at all. It's the opposite of my impala, and it doesn't take long to get used to...

I drive it like an old man, if I'm in a hurry I'll take the impala!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Ocala, thanks for the responce!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts