Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry will post pic as soon as im done showing face at a wedding. She has about 145k miles donk out with 24" rims and a 5" lift. Im not a big fan of donks so she went under the knife used some spare drop springs I had laying around. She is sitting real low tucking 20's eagle alloy rims. Next im removing the cheap a$$ vent stick on. She's nice and shine but was a cheap a$$ paint job.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
before

undonk

present

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh MUCH better! nice find! I really gotta get me one of these.

·
Registered
205 Posts
indeed, much, much better

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys but need some help. I need to know whats the stock hieght of our wagons from ground to top of fender well

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Good choice in wheels :)

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Wow, that looks much better, good job.

My wagon is stock and on the factory 15's. The front is 28 1/4 from ground to front fender trim and the rear is about 21 1/8.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sinister, Im glad you guys like it. I just got threw playing around with the interior. Ill post pic soon. Is it a pain to intall impala rear seats into the wagon?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks guys but need some help. I need to know whats the stock height of our wagons from ground to top of fender well
From the 96 Service manual:

Front 748mm / 29.4in
Rear 557mm / 21.9in

Assuming F40 suspension and 225-75 tires

Tolerance is 10mm / 0.4in

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its funny when I first pickup the wagon "donk" I was getting all kinds of looks and not very nice ones. But as soon as I undonk the wagon Im getting alot of thumbs up and shakas http://www.to-hawaii.com/shaka.php for some of you that dont know.
Update the wagon is to low "front" so Ill be using another springs hopefully it will just come up about an inch. Ill post pics when Im done

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Updates
Sorry guys its not loading my pics

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Need some info guys, I want to swap the dash with an impala. I can see the the cluster will not work, but Im working on dropping an LT1. Anyways will the upper dash and lower goes in just like the impala?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Absolutely

Muuuch better!!! It went from "hideous" to "mean 'n sexy" in about 6 inches!!
^^^ What Jedd said. Love them black and dewooded, and the mirror flashers are actually pretty cool too.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heres some pic. finally got it fix
interior swap

2 coil cut from impala springs

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For got to mention front rides like crap had to swap out with cut sprints

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Looks great. You can easily stick a 10ft longboard inside. My 9'6" goes in with plenty of room to spare cwm1.

Just fold down the rear seat and drop the arm rest up front and you are dealin'

stay wet!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts