Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna be finishing it up this winter. here is my progress so far. nothin too over the top - wanted to keep it "factory looking"

also, in between the "daytime" pics and the "nighttime" pics i added a blazer center console.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for all the trim pieces i used "Duplicolor vinyl and interior paint" black of course - found it at auto zone.

seats/door panels/carpet will all be done this winter

anyone have suggestions on how to do seatbelts????

no more pictures right now but i plan on gettin some more soon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
did simple trimming work on the blazer console? i have one like that but didn't know how it would work with the 4wd transfer case hump on the front left part of it.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did simple trimming work on the blazer console? i have one like that but didn't know how it would work with the 4wd transfer case hump on the front left part of it.
basically, i had to trim the little "nipple" in the front tray flush. and trim the back a little also. had to cut down the metal bracket as well to get it to sit right. the hump hangs over the edge a little but once its in you cant really tell

·
Registered
648 Posts
for all the trim pieces i used "Duplicolor vinyl and interior paint" black of course - found it at auto zone.

seats/door panels/carpet will all be done this winter

anyone have suggestions on how to do seatbelts????

no more pictures right now but i plan on gettin some more soon.
For your seatbelt replacement, go to your local Upholstery supply shop and buy the seat belt material your self, then take it to someone that can sew, make sure they are using NYLON THREAD!!!! it is important to use this kind of thread, remember that your like depends on it.

I have done a few seatbelt replacements and it is super easy, just make sure that who ever sews them for you know what their are doing.

Any Local Car Upholstery shop should be able to help you, I recommend buying the material your self and save a few bucks.

Jose

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice Pictures

Wow, what great looking pictures! Amazing what a wide angle camera lens can do - those pictures are really sharp. You don't often see interior pictures that look that good.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nice. What wheel is that? That looks like a great replacement for the factory wheel, especially on an ex-service 9C1.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone. my friend took the pics. i agreee. there arnt very many full interior shots out there. so i wanted to provide some. :)

The wheel is off 94 Lumina. its really sharp lookin. only drawback is there is no airbag so your dash light will be on and you have to "hide" the connector for abs inside the column. i just unplugged the bulb.

I painted the dash/ashtray/rear shelf carpet/speaker covers with the duplicolor paint as well.

as far as seat belts; they sell this material at upholstery shops? how do i wind it onto my retractor?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.