Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '96 DCM 9C1 with an L99 that spun a bearing and needs some rust repairs.
This came up and I grabbed it for a parts car.
Saved from being "processed" by the yard.
Still has an unpunctured gas tank and all it's bodily fluids! :)

The thing is, it's actually in pretty good shape.
L99 is supposed to be in running condition and although I have an LT1 in the shop getting a rebuild I was thinking about swapping this engine and tranny over instead for the time being.
They're going to get a TOD (titled ownership)for me, so it could in theory be put back on the road.
Other than rotted wheelhousing and some other stuff it is not unsalvagable the way it is.
I was planning to cut some patch panels off the rear quarters and doglegs for my bodyman to repair the 9C1.
And I need the doors. It also has cushy power seats on both sides and cruise control, remote start, fresh dual exhaust system, good glass, etc...

One owner, came from the estate.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
OK, you're in Canada so I am unsure what the legalities are? Down here (at least Indiana) if it hadn't been entered as scrap yet we'd drive it home, plate it and be happy. Even if the title had already been branded there's ways around it.

Looks like a solid old car, assuming there's anything left underneath.

·
Registered
171 Posts
'95 or '96? I like those wheels. I had them on my white '95 9C1. Are those stock headlights?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'95 or '96? I like those wheels. I had them on my white '95 9C1. Are those stock headlights?
'96. As far as I know those are stock wheels and headlights.
I finally got the engine and transmission pulled on the 9C1, and had the tranny rebuilt, stage 2 kit. The old engine had spun #2 main bearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts