Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched and seen a couple pics but I am pretty sure this is the brand of seat skins I want. Just wondering where you guys have had luck ordering it from and if there are any ISSF vendors that sell it. Also which grey is the best match to our stock grey color. I am planning on grey with the black inserts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
you cant just order the seat kit straight from katzkin, you need to find an authorized dealer who sells the kits. Car dealerships sell them but mark up the prices hella. Some auto upholstery shops sell them but not all. I own a upholstery shop up here, and i am an authorized katzkin dealer. The kits are great, really good quality. i would double check and make sure the kit for the 94-96 SS kit is still available. they tend to eliminate models of cars that arent frequent purchases as well as older models.

oh yeah this is my first post in about 2-3 years. i sold my last 95 Caprice 9C1, and now have a 96 Caprice with the LT1. I got big plans for this one, and of course ill take a crap load of pics and post em up for you all to see.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
you cant just order the seat kit straight from katzkin, you need to find an authorized dealer who sells the kits. Car dealerships sell them but mark up the prices hella. Some auto upholstery shops sell them but not all. I own a upholstery shop up here, and i am an authorized katzkin dealer. The kits are great, really good quality. i would double check and make sure the kit for the 94-96 SS kit is still available. they tend to eliminate models of cars that arent frequent purchases as well as older models.

oh yeah this is my first post in about 2-3 years. i sold my last 95 Caprice 9C1, and now have a 96 Caprice with the LT1. I got big plans for this one, and of course ill take a crap load of pics and post em up for you all to see.

What kind of deal can you get us forum buddies on the complete kits?

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
I don’t know, I've never sold anything over the forum board before. Do i first need to become a vendor? I just wanna be compliant with the forum guidelines. Ill check with my supplier and get a ballpark price on those kits.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Id possibly be in for a kit if the deal is good enough...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I don’t know, I've never sold anything over the forum board before. Do i first need to become a vendor? I just wanna be compliant with the forum guidelines. Ill check with my supplier and get a ballpark price on those kits.

if you arent looking to sell things regularly, im pretty sure you could just set it up as a "group purchase" and get several... or even dozens of people signed up, that way you only pay shipping to you one time, then spread a little bit of profit over a lot of people, and make it worth your while.

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
That sounds like a DEFINITE possibility, as long as i get people committed to buy. I have a paypal account and i'd obviously need to get deposits so that i can get the kits ordered. The kits are usually 2 weeks out for order on average. Id have to calculate cost for shipping to everyone individually as well. Ill get the cost of kits up on monday or tuesday with price for like oem replacement, ones with inserts, different colors, etc. And i'll make sure I get a price for those bonnies too for you 94MI9C1. After I get the prices and see what kind of response and interest i get from people, i'll get a thread posted for members to sign up for kits.

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
I'm up here right next to Seattle, the Totem Lake/Kingsgate area. You're close by so shipping will be cheap for you.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wow depending on price i might be in too

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
yeah those look real nice, katzkin makes a nice product.

for the caprice seats, ill check on that. i know that they come in a few different variations as far as the design of the seats themselves. my last caprice had a much more simple style than do my 96 caprice seats do.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am in depending on price. Just priced them out via internet and $740 shipped for two tone with perforated centers. That was without the SS logo which I would also like. I would much rather order from a forum member though, especially if he can get us a deal.:D Have to let me know ASAP whats going on because I sold my 4 wheeler for the cash to order new seat skins so I am ready to buy! I scored some brand new never opened carpet for my car at a swap meet for half price and it is turning into an whole interior refresh!

Max96ss- what is the katzkin color name for our factory grey?

·
Registered
93 caprice wagon
633 Posts
Hey everyone, I contacted my supplier and awaiting a call back with a price for the SS kit in two tone. I asked for the two tone as a worst case scenario for those who want just stock replacements. The caprice and bonnies I will find out a price for those as well. Remember I can have the ordered in any color, combo, stitching color and logos in the headrests. The logos ill have to double check on what's available as far as other than just the SS. Ill keep u all posted as soon as i find out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
topic is catching my eye.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts