Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I apologize if I should have started a new thread. It's been so long that I don't know how to use this forum anymore. ANYWAY, '96 RMW, when I turn on the windshield washers, nothing comes out of the nozzles anymore, but lots of fluid pours out on the ground, about in line with the firewall. I guess somewhere inside, a hose has become disconnected or broken. What to do? Can I see what's wrong without completely removing the cowl? Will I have to remove the wipers anyway? I'm afraid to touch anything--old age and arthritis.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
It's good you didn't start a new thread because there is much good info here. But.................. did you READ this thread? :rolleyes:

If you can't handle the work, show however does it this info.

Fred especially tells what to do.

·
Registered
1996 Chevy Impala SS
2 Posts
I apologize if I should have started a new thread. It's been so long that I don't know how to use this forum anymore. ANYWAY, '96 RMW, when I turn on the windshield washers, nothing comes out of the nozzles anymore, but lots of fluid pours out on the ground, about in line with the firewall.
I guess somewhere inside, a hose has become disconnected or broken. What to do?

Can I see what's wrong without completely removing the cowl?

Will I have to remove the wipers anyway? I'm afraid to touch anything--old age and arthritis.
For more information on windshield wipers please visit the website here jeepequipment.com/best-windshield-wipers-for-jeep/
If you follow these steps, you will be able to clear up any clogs that prevent your car’s windshield washing system from functioning correctly. If you still notice problems with the windshield washer, get a professional to inspect the system thoroughly.
1: Examine the nozzles
2: Clean the nozzles
Compressed air
Old toothbrush or brush
Thin wire
Warm water
3: Clean the hoses
4 : Inspect the check valve
5: Check for other issues
When dirt or debris lands on your windshield while driving, your immediate reaction would be to use the wiper fluid spray to clear it. If your car’s wiper fluid doesn't spray properly, it may have clogged wiper fluid nozzles or lines which is not only annoying, but potentially dangerous.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts