Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of them? If so are they a pretty decent tire?

to make a long story short i went to get some quotes on tires for the rear of my RM, and my gf's mom and dad's jeeps at Belle Tire. I dont think they understood that i wanted quotes on more than one different tire for my car they were very busy though. they recommended Kelly Charger Tires. they said theyre a good all year round tire, but i cant believe everything the salesman said. They undercut the price of installed firehawks from the firestone dealer. Thanks for any information. its greatly appreciated.

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We sell Kelly Tires at the service station I work at, and I've had them on a number of my cars. I think they're a pretty darn good tire.
I had the Kelly Safari AWR on my Jeep Wrangler, and they were great in snow and rain.
I have 255/60R15 Kelly Chargers on the back of my 442, and am going to buy a set for the Caprice in a week or two. I had the tires on my 442 on a different Cutlass I had last winter and never got stuck or had any problems, I'd definaltely recommend them, and they smoke real nice when you lay the hammer down... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They aren't bad tires. There is a Kelly Tire plant in Tyler, Texas which is where my grandfather used to work. I think Goodyear owns Kelly...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i may be wrong, but i don't think so...at one time kelly was the foremost supplier of aircraft tires, this may still be true. if you can trust them when your flight lands, i believe you could trust them on your vehicle. never heard anything negative about them at any rate. rock on, rus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All tire makers make good tires and junk tires. Price within a brand is a pretty good indication of which end of the spectrum a tire is on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They looked like pretty darn good tires. The total price for 2 255/60/15 Kelly Chargers mounted and balanced was $175 compared to $185 for the firestone Firehawk indy 500s from the local firestone dealer. So i think ill go with the kellys and give them a try. Thanks everyone.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.