Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For SSHS10 participants heading north on I-75 early on Sunday, stop in for some more fun.
There will be a few Impalas there. Getting some new gumballs on the car this week, and I'll be there if my right foot still works after running the Indy Marathon on Saturday.
Gates open 8 am.
T&T all day, True street heads up, Outlaw street heads up.
Track prep is rumored to be outstanding.
Details here:
http://www.kyhorsepower.com/forums1/index.php?showtopic=58946

·
Registered
743 Posts
Pat glad you decided to come join me. Get tired of being the only bbody beatin up on camaro's and rustangs.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
tell more

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Congrats, Frank. 10.40's is hauling butt!

How did Pat do? A new best? Did he finally get that 10?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks Glen. No he ran 11.29 but I think he hurt the rear end. The cool thing was my 10.49 pass was on 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials. So we were not spraying out of the hole.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Big Congrats again Frank! And in true street trim!

Alex................you have some work to do..... :D :D

That track is not a fast one......makes Frank's runs all the more impressive!

Get this: Mike wheelied so big, tripped the 60' with the rear tires.....and ran an 11.16.......WTF!!!!!! No kidding........wild things yesterday......drivers out of control....track operations out of control......10 second Mustang pass without a helmet....starter never even saw it. And another Mustang took out the 1/8 timers TWO TIMES!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Not to mention the out-of-sight meal Rita and Jerimie prepared for us. And the bite-size blueberry muffins and brownys were out-of-sight. I saw things there I've never seen at any track anywhere, ever. People on cell phones, prestage and won't stage until they're ready to end the call. Me and a Nova are prestaged, I bump in and a guy walks over and gets into the Nova, he's fooling around for 20 seconds or so, finally gets out and the guy lights his second bulb and we race. Things like this were the rule and not the exception all day long. A very entertaining and fun day of racing :)

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Thanks Glen. No he ran 11.29 but I think he hurt the rear end. The cool thing was my 10.49 pass was on 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials. So we were not spraying out of the hole.
Drag radials FTW! I was preaching that at Atlanta this weekend. Everyone was looking at me like I was nuts. I ran 9 passes at 1.58 to 1.59 60' in street trim.

Congrats! on the 10. That is nuts.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Drag radials FTW! I was preaching that at Atlanta this weekend. Everyone was looking at me like I was nuts. I ran 9 passes at 1.58 to 1.59 60' in street trim.

Congrats! on the 10. That is nuts.
Sounds like a blast in Pennsyltucky! Congrats on the 10.4, that's moving some weight.

Any pics of Harris in the air?

Eric I disagree about the DR's.

While I agree that on a well-prepped track you can move out hard AND get much more top end since it's a solid radial I can't take the chance the one time it slips.

When I slip with bias plys I lose maybe .03-.05 on the 60 ft time. When I slipped with DR's I lost .1 to .3 because the DR's can never recover.

Or, as Pat said, even when bias ply's are slipping they are still pushing you forward while DR's are sittin' and spinnin'

So for personal best times, yeah DR's probably work. But if you're racing brackets and need to be precise or can't risk slipping, I'm sworn off DR's for now.

Just my 2 centivo's.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like a blast in Pennsyltucky! Congrats on the 10.4, that's moving some weight.

Any pics of Harris in the air?

My son took a shaky video while balancing on top of a fence post with Frank's camera. Have to wait for Franky to get done celebrating and post it for us :)

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And on a side note, other racing news from the weekend. Post-double knee surgery marathon debut at Indy on Saturday: 3:25. Just a cautious pace to see where my new baseline is. There was horsepower in the air up here!............27 degrees at the start.........I love it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts