Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with this sub? I think they discontinued it last year, but IIRC it was a killer sub. I bought one 10" and I am going to build a box for it up against the rear seat. Any suggestions? Does the shape of the box effect the way the sub plays even if the volume inside is the recommended size?

Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just make sure you account for the volume that the sub is going to take up inside the box too

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bill, how was the ride up from the picnic? well, a box design is really important to how a sub plays....i would think the inside, if the box was a messed up shape, would make some turbulance(<spelling?..lol) for the sub. im thinking of going with 1 12" flush to my rear deck in the future. good luck and ill seeya up at new england dragway in july! :D :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey bill great choice. i used to own one of those puppies, but i sold it to a friend, who is trying to sell it again. it should say in the specs how big to build the box. if the box is sealed it doesn't matter a whole lot. just make sure the box is sealed well, if i recall correctly they want .75 cuft internal air space with that sub. plus displacement i guess. i always forget how that works. but if you build the box to the spec sheet you should make out very well with that sub, i loved it. also i suggest a good amp, phoenix gold is what i ran it with.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey bill, is this mod going to make your trip to florida more enjoyable or a sweet way to cover that exhaust drone? ;) turn it up and rock on, rus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts