Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wut up fellas I need help with this one. Doug is parting out his 94 impala and I'm interested in buying his keyless entry box and fob. I want to know from you "all mighty knowledgable ones" lol, is the fob the alarm remote? And will the keyless entry work on a 9c1? Help please.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Wut up fellas I need help with this one. Doug is parting out his 94 impala and I'm interested in buying his keyless entry box and fob. I want to know from you "all mighty knowledgable ones" lol, is the fob the alarm remote? And will the keyless entry work on a 9c1? Help please.
You would need all the wiring that goes along with the black box under the third brake light as well, as this system wouldn't of been provisioned in your car, and as long as the fob is matched to the box you shouldn't have any trouble.

Doubt it is an alarm unit as it is my understanding and what I have seen, the alarm module is a separate, dealer installed unit, and would most likely be under the dash.

·
Registered
31 Posts

off topic/ i need a trans and radiator for a 94 where is this doug that you speak of;)

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Thanx for the info Mike. Sound fairly simple minus the wiring but I'm debating if I should even get it or just wait to get an alarm.
I would just wait, if you are going to get an alarm it would do all the functions that a keyless would anyway.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would just wait, if you are going to get an alarm it would do all the functions that a keyless would anyway.
You %100 right. I just ordered an alarm online today and will receive it next week, its about time! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts