Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 fleetwood:

-shorting the reprogramming wire hanging in the trunk does not cycle the locks (2 pin male connector). key fob does not work (has new battery) obviously. car had been sitting for a few years before i bought it back. i thought i might have to reprogram the fob so when i shorted the wire to put it into programming mode, the locks did not cycle.

-Horn does not work

-trunk pull down does not engage, checked and it's getting power

fuses for all 3 of these problems are good.

does anything jump at you guys that might be a main problem causing all 3? or do i have 3 separate issues that need to be hunted down?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that thread too. Gonna check the black box they're referring to since everything else is working fine. Locks, seats, trunk popper etc etc. thanks.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled the CCM codes:

44 is steering wheel sensor shorted which might explain the horn.

Don't know what the other 2 are.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I'm not SURE, but I read somewhere that the 1 in front of the "31" or "44" means the the code has occurred before. This would apply to any code. So 117 would mean that you had a prior code 17 still in the computer.

So you would have had 44 twice, and 31 once. Not sure if this is correct, but I read it somewhere...

It would make sense since all the codes only go up to 99, and start at 11. Two digits only...

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1472350087.982024.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1472350107.798379.jpg

http://www.troublecodes.net/gm/95_57p/

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Sorry, 44 TWICE

31 once

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Stupid question but did all the B cars honk the horn with the factory keyless when u lock it?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I listed the PCM codes and not the CCM codes, but I think the above would still apply.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1472351876.488117.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Stupid question but did all the B cars honk the horn with the factory keyless when u lock it?

My Roadmaster doesn't. It's been so long since I drove the Impala I can't remember...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I had the D body FSM. My B body FSM doesn't cover any of this. Don't even know where to start.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fred those are PCM codes. any chance you got the CCM codes? Cadillac specific.

in any case code 44 has to do with variable assist, doubt it's my issue.

I just know there's a ground wire somewhere either stripped or not connected screwing up a bunch of circuits lol.

I suck at electrical stuff. might have to bite the bullet and pay someone to figure all this out.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
CCM Diagnostic trouble codes (-01)

20: RAP enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
21: RAP enable circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
22: DIL enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
23: DIL enable circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
24: Curtesy output circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
25: Curtedy output circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
26: VES output circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
27: VES output circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
28: VES tracking tracking error (circuit open, shorted to ground, or shorted to battery)
30: "PASS KEY FAULT" telltale circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
31: "PASS KEY FAULT" telltale circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
32: Fuel enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
33: Fuel enable circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
34: Heaflamp enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
35: Park lamp enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
36: DRL enable circuit (circuit shorted to battery)
37: DRL enable circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
38: EEPROM calibration error
39: EEPROM calibration id error
40: Delay pot circuit (circuit shorted to ground)
41: Dealy pot circuit (circuit open or shorted to battery)
42: Key resistor circuit (circuit shorted to ground)
43: Key resistor circuit (circuit open or shorted to battery)
44: Steering wheel sensor circuit (circuit open or shorted to ground)
45: Steering wheel sensor circuit (circuit open or shorted to battery)
46: CCM internal failure
47: Canadian select input error

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I would run the codes again just to be sure you have all of them, then delete them.

My guess is the only one that comes back is 44.

The code 31, pass key fault, "circuit open or shorted to ground, could be suspect", but if it doesn't come back then that would be a mystery.

Regarding the horn, I can't think of any scenario where it would be disabled other than a direct wiring problem.

You said there's power to it. All the time, or only with the horn button pressed?

I would get someone in your car to push the button, and have a multimeter on it. You might even jump the horn from the battery and see if it works.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
ok thanks. i checked goldwagons wiring diagrams and didn't see anything leadin to horn. my old mans 91 had keyless but its been years since that cars been gone so i don't remember it either.

V8killer, if you find something out with yours lemme know, i might try dig into mine next Friday after classes.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
The horn has a relay in the convenience center. It is usually the horn buttons, although it could be the slip ring in the column. You can listen for the relay to click.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The horn has a relay in the convenience center. It is usually the horn buttons, although it could be the slip ring in the column. You can listen for the relay to click.
which one is the horn relay?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK :

Keyless entry issue solved. Receiver module was the culprit.

Horn issue solved, sort of lol. Took apart the the airbag and as soon as so I loosened the bottom right bolt the horn started blowing. Mind you this is at 3 AM in my garage lol.

Only thing is, of the 4 contact points/horn swithces, only bottom right blows the horn. Gotta check again to see if the other 3 are making contact.

Trunk pull down issue remains. Will get to that this week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts