Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched and searched to no avail in trying to find a part number for a keyless entry module for my 95 roadmaster wagon. I popped the LR trim panel off and sure enough the wiring and plugs are all there, the box is just missing.

Anyone know if the impala/caprice sedan unit will work? I can find these on eBay pretty easy but for whatever reason put the word wagon in and nothing comes up. Rock auto doesn't list the part nor does any other parts finder.

will this do it or is the hatch release not gonna work?

· Premium Member
5,319 Posts
According to this

Font Parallel Number Rectangle Pattern

To , add the unit I added to my 95 Caprice wagon ( they never came with ) was 96 Impala and it all works as it should.
Only thing was, I followed the Impala wiring to the letter and never looked at the Buick schematics. Should have followed those as the Buick has more features.
Fact remains , the GM parts lists say they interchange.

· Registered
11,638 Posts
The module can be identified by the black connectors on the end. If you can't find one readily, I have a number of them at $45 + shipping.

· Registered
11,638 Posts
The module is the same, there is a feature that will lock the doors when you start to drive. It may also lock the doors when you close them. If you use the additional features, make sure you have your keys in hand at all times when exiting the car.

Reactions: 91ss

· Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Any note worthy features?
The Impala schematic is not interconnected to door plungers ( C1 A ) or interior lamp circuit ( C2 E )
It has been a while since I have driven the car and longer since I put the system in.
I " might" have gone back and added.

Impala

Font Pattern Handwriting Parallel Wood
Font Pattern Parallel Net Composite material

Buick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts