Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i had 2 solo X 12" and they sure bang like a mofo. one 12" ported almost sound like 4 12" seal (decent box with 500 rms subs) so imagine 2 of them motha****a..smh..

in case this is ur first solo X subs REMEMBER the cone is install in only ONE way ONLY. there's a hole around the cone that attach to a specific location on the basket. so make sure u align that too and also tighten it 1 full circle to bring the cone str8 down evenly. failing to do so u'll bend the coil and it wont last longer than a month (burn from bend coil).

good luck making a port box for that 18" monster. that's gonna be one huge mutha****in box .
-----------------------------

on the amp go with the kicker 2500.1 amp.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I ask why a Solo X?
becaus i was going to go with 2 18" BTL but it wouldnt fit or it woulda been a VEEEERRRYYY tight fit. So to conserve space and to make it look nice I plan on going wit 1 18" solo X and it has a 5000W RMS compared to a FiBTL 2000W. So i believe it"ll push jus a lil bit harder than 1 Fi BTL. IMO

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
becaus i was going to go with 2 18" BTL but it wouldnt fit or it woulda been a VEEEERRRYYY tight fit. So to conserve space and to make it look nice I plan on going wit 1 18" solo X and it has a 5000W RMS compared to a FiBTL 2000W. So i believe it"ll push jus a lil bit harder than 1 Fi BTL. IMO

I told you all..............

Watts make no difference whatsoever. SUBS DONT PRODUCE WATTAGE PERIOD, for one thats a thermal handling capacity, so its rated to handle that amount of wattage.

The rest of the Thei small specs are way more important than the RMS and deff max wattage.

Sell the Solo X and get the BTL, Im sure you have never experienced 2k rms of true power before.

Im only running 300 damn watts to my 18s and it does the job, when I had 800 rms going to mine, I did 140db @ 30hz.

BTW these subs I run are rated for 1k rms ea, that doesnt mater though.

Unless you paid about $150 you didnt get a deal at all.

Also dont forget the electrical uppgrades that are required for this setup.

Get this amp if you want real power.................

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=30

$750 shipped. Brand new straight from the man.

·
Registered
444 Posts

You can get what ever you want it is just the solo X is more of a SPL burp sub. I can guarantee you that it won't take take 10,000w daily. It will only take it for a few seconds. It only has a 3" coil and every sub with 3" coil I know won't take much more than 4000watts daily. And I put 4000 watts to my BTL so RMS is way under rated. The AQ amp killerz suggested is what I was pushing the BTL with and it is by far my favorite amp I have.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Watts make no difference whatsoever. SUBS DONT PRODUCE WATTAGE PERIOD, for one thats a thermal handling capacity, so its rated to handle that amount of wattage.

The rest of the Thei small specs are way more important than the RMS and deff max wattage.

Sell the Solo X and get the BTL, Im sure you have never experienced 2k rms of true power before.

Im only running 300 damn watts to my 18s and it does the job, when I had 800 rms going to mine, I did 140db @ 30hz.

First off I went threw more systems than you can imagine and dont talk like that 300W your pushing means something. For GODS SAKE YOU GOT A GRANNY AUTOMOBILE. :p Of course any hatchback doesnt require a lot of wattage So until you put music in a closed off trunk take ya as to another thread All i asked was for a amp suggestion not your phuckin opinion this is not a talk show.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can get what ever you want it is just the solo X is more of a SPL burp sub. I can guarantee you that it won't take take 10,000w daily. It will only take it for a few seconds. It only has a 3" coil and every sub with 3" coil I know won't take much more than 4000watts daily. And I put 4000 watts to my BTL so RMS is way under rated. The AQ amp killerz suggested is what I was pushing the BTL with and it is by far my favorite amp I have.
I know that it wont push 10,000w daily. I was jus looking for a high end SPL sub. And thanks for the amp suggestion I'll check it out

·
Registered
6,443 Posts

First off I went threw more systems than you can imagine and dont talk like that 300W your pushing means something. For GODS SAKE YOU GOT A GRANNY AUTOMOBILE. :p Of course any hatchback doesnt require a lot of wattage So until you put music in a closed off trunk take ya as to another thread All i asked was for a amp suggestion not your phuckin opinion this is not a talk show.....

Well heres my torino that I had, looks like a trunk to me.

139 DB on 1200+ rms from a Rockford Fostgate T1000BD, Treo TSX 15"

This aint my first rodeo either. I was 18 or so when I had that setup too......... cwm4 Im 22 now.

BTW if youve been threw so many systems you should have got the FI just saying those SOLO Xs are trash.

Also dont contridict yourself, your asking for amps which means your asking for opinions. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well heres my torino that I had, looks like a trunk to me.

139 DB on 1200+ rms from a Rockford Fostgate T1000BD, Treo TSX 15"

YouTube- ‪71 torino GT treo tsx‬‎

This aint my first rodeo either. I was 18 or so when I had that setup too......... cwm4 Im 22 now.

BTW if youve been threw so many systems you should have got the FI just saying those SOLO Xs are trash.

Also dont contridict yourself, your asking for amps which means your asking for opinions. :D
Im asking for amps and their opinions not subs and their opinions and it seems to me every1 else had a suggestion while you talk about your opinion and how my reason is due to wattage, this is not a debate. Your like a sales man who keeps bragging on Fi, not to say that their a bad sub but have you ever even used a Solo X before. I seen wat a Solo X can do in my car, have you seen it before in your car.....??;)

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Im asking for amps and their opinions not subs and their opinions and it seems to me every1 else had a suggestion while you talk about your opinion and how my reason is due to wattage, this is not a debate. Your like a sales man who keeps bragging on Fi, not to say that their a bad sub but have you ever even used a Solo X before. I seen wat a Solo X can do in my car, have you seen it before in your car.....??;)

Nope dont want to and never will put one in my car, If you calm down and re read my post I gave you an amp suggestion, quite sometime ago

POST #9

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=30

$750 shipped. Brand new straight from the man.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Solo X

Run whatever you want to in your car. My boy has 1 solo X 18 on a kicker 2500.1 in his magnum, and it is crazy loud.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts