Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey kilgore do you happen to have the measurements of the board your putting in the front of the subs with the trunk hinges cut out. also came across another thread you had dimensions for the side panels happen to have those or am i going to have to get the measuring tape out :D.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
hey kilgore do you happen to have the measurements of the board your putting in the front of the subs with the trunk hinges cut out. also came across another thread you had dimensions for the side panels happen to have those or am i going to have to get the measuring tape out :D.
i had planned on taking measurements when everything is said and done

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
nice build tread bruh, keep us posted

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
thanks! your trunk pic was my inspiration to throw DCM in my trunk
that's what we are here for bruh, glad I could help

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
hertz hsk-165 in the driver door. didn't know where to put the crossover so i put it in the door panels little compartment by the courtesy light.

first i had to line up the 6.5 plate and mark off the circle then take a jigsaw to it. wasn't half a bad as i thought it was going to be. also added a baffle to protect the speaker from water and such. took a while to run all the wires and properly crimp / heat shrink everything.

then i got rained on, right on time. passenger side on another day.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
more than likely going to redo the template in 1/8th inch since the speaker grill touches the door panel and to get rid of the tweeter hole that im not using (tweeters in a pillar). also since i sprayed the current templates in palstidip and its just peeling off.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do them in 1/2 inch and get rid of the grill. You want a solid mounting point.

On crossovers mount them under the dash. On the driverside you can tuck it right over the kickpanel, on the passenger you cqn tuck under the black cover that covers up under the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I have not checked this thread in a while. Good job with nice progress. At first I was expecting a purely bass build but was pleasantly suprised when I seen Hertz door speakers.

I website I like to use a lot is http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/

My build is going slowly but here is a progress shot, speakers are JBL MS-62c. Doors are sound deadened to hell and back.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Do them in 1/2 inch and get rid of the grill. You want a solid mounting point.

On crossovers mount them under the dash. On the driverside you can tuck it right over the kickpanel, on the passenger you cqn tuck under the black cover that covers up under the passenger side.
i read this before doing the passenger side. took your advice and tucked it under the black panel (i think ive heard it called hush panel?)

and i was planning on doing the driver side some time but not right now. well, as a sign, one of the wires for the speaker on the drive door came loose so the door panel had to come off again. redid it and glad i did.

i finally got everything hooked up. no, this isn't how the wires are going to stay. this is just to test and make sure its all functioning properly. i cant clamp it all down and make it permanent yet because im painting the car soon and its all going to have to come out of the trunk. but here it is all ugly, but working!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
threw the box on the right together real quick before rain started. shortened up all the wires and got it all hooked up. only thing left on the audio side is the tweeter in the a pillars. still have to finish them and figure out how to install all those gauges

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
wow...Looking Great

41 - 60 of 84 Posts