Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
your box design inspired me to go ported for 2 hyrbid audio i10sw subs. just need to get the work done now.

your setup looks great!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
tyty. can't wait to hide all the wires under the panels and get it lookin clean.

while working on setting gains and what not I ended up blowing an RCA cable channel because im dumb. luckily they're goin to replace it free of charge

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
no pictures but for the sake of a blog..

finally received the replacement rca cables. had to reroute the wires again which was really fun. but, all is up and working again as it should.

also received the alpine imprint system so i can get the most sq out of my head unit. apparently i have to install some software on my laptop, plug it into the head unit, set up the included microphone at four different locations and the software makes a couple sq presets i can choose from

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
no pictures but for the sake of a blog..

finally received the replacement rca cables. had to reroute the wires again which was really fun. but, all is up and working again as it should.

also received the alpine imprint system so i can get the most sq out of my head unit. apparently i have to install some software on my laptop, plug it into the head unit, set up the included microphone at four different locations and the software makes a couple sq presets i can choose from
I've read that some people say the Imprint doesn't allow for enough bass when you run it. I'm just throwing that out there. I'm sure it has a lot to do with my sources. It seems that a lot of people on CA forums are bass heads and they probably just complain because it's not rattling their teeth. I guess a lot of people don't understand that subs are supposed to blend with your front stage, not stick out and overpower them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
hmm I haven't heard that complaint before. i guess well see once/if I figure this thing out. I don't like how the bass / treble controls aren't there without the imprint. also have to print out the manuals so I can really learn how to tweak it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
hmm I haven't heard that complaint before. i guess well see once/if I figure this thing out. I don't like how the bass / treble controls aren't there without the imprint. also have to print out the manuals so I can really learn how to tweak it
Like I said, from the car audio forum I used to frequent, I heard that complaint. I believe most, if not all, of the people on that forum are bassheads. I've also heard about the EQ not being fully accessible without the Imprint kit. And of course, the 9887 requires the more expensive Imprint. I'd attribute that to it's 3 way capabilities.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
bad news! my hertz speakers are fakes!

god damn Malaysian ebay sellers! currently opened a case though paypal and hopefully its in my favor

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
i made a post on caraudio about my speaker blowing and how to get a new one. someone chimed in and said i should check out this other thread about faked hertz speakers and compare. the similarities were strong between mine and the fake ones.

also, when i hooked up my stereo and was playing music, the "hertz" were really low and sounded bad. the jl's in the rear deck were clearly outshining them but i didn't think anything on it.

now paypal / ebay told me to go **** myself and i have to find a new set of speakers

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
yeah. eBay and PayPal told me tough **** so I threw them away. cars been in paint for over a month and I haven't found a replacement yet. haven't even looked to be honest

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
bumping up my old threads!

ended up cutting out the sub and port holes and i didn't line them up as good as i thought so i just connected the circles with a line and cut that out. this also allows a lot of the dcm sub box to come through and itll pop in the truck when i cover everything

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
some info on my rear door panels

- 93 roadmaster rear door panels with matching carpet
- window weatherstripping swapped with a 94-96 rear door panel
- roadmaster rear courtest lights with clear lens
- killer B rear 6.5 door pods
- bottom half SEM'd with 15939 and clear coated
- focal is-165 comps
- tweeter in the ash tray
- custom arm rest savers

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
and as far as the damn fake hertz, i threw them away like i said. replaced them with sundown sa-6.5cs.

mounted the speaker in the door, zip tied the crossover under the dash like recommended, and decided against the A-pillars with the gauges and tweeter pods.

currently the tweeters are in a hole i drilled in the a-pillars but im gonna do a nice fiberglass setup. pics when i actually do it lol

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I just read through your posts. Great job and effort. You will be very happy and pleased with the Focals. I like and enjoy the sound quality so much that I ended up using Focals on just about all of my vehicles.

Keep up the great work on the SS.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts