Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of my knock sensors is stuck in the engine block the when i try to remove it it turns but the outer shell doesnt how do i get it off?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
I had one that stuck and broke the plastic part of the connector. I just put a pipe wrench on it and it spun right out.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
They can be a PITA when the lid breaks free of the Case. It is just tack welded to the Case with a few Tack welds. It may be helpful to remove certain items like the starter for the P/S sensor to give you a little working room. but if the lid broke free, you really only have a few options....try welding the lid back to the case body to wrench it out OR come up with creative ways to get that thing out of there...Vice grips, Heat, etc. Most difficult is getting the leverage and fighting the angle of the block.

Some helpful tips that at this point may be too late. FIRST - use the "Search" button as I KNOW I've documented steps on this before here. But you always want to try and turn in the Sensor a little first before backing out. This can help to free it up and loosen the Crud holding it in the block. These only REQUIRE 14 Ft. Lbs of torque to install so keep that in mind. If you put too much pressure on it trying to remove, the lid is going to break free. PS - Don't use any Teflon tape or paste on the KS threads as this can affect readings.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
VICE GRIPS ;)

HTH,
Nab

1 - 4 of 4 Posts