Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and will be picking up the Kore 3 rear brake conversion. For those that swapped from drums to discs, how did you get the ebrake hooked up? I need a working ebrake for state inspection otherwise I wouldn’t hook it up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,695 Posts

One would ASSume you could either use impala disc cables or the adapter ends like Wilwood sells.
Check with Tobin that the drum brakes can be oriented like the B with left cable to forward right to rear so the cables run the same route.
Failing that , start from scratch with universal cables and route differently.
One one thing I am not crazy about with the universal kits is they don't have a proper equalizer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

One would ASSume you could either use impala disc cables or the adapter ends like Wilwood sells.
Check with Tobin that the drum brakes can be oriented like the B with left cable to forward right to rear so the cables run the same route.
Failing that , start from scratch with universal cables and route differently.
One one thing I am not crazy about with the universal kits is they don't have a proper equalizer.
This is the response from email about the Kore 3 C5/C6 rear brake kit with ebrake.

Sure, no problem. As for your question concerning the parking brake cables, that would most likely be correct, though you might be able to adapt the factory cables to work with the Wilwood MC4 calipers. The calipers will require a Ø5/16” perpendicular barrel type fitting to engage the actuator arm, and while Wilwood recommends using the Lokar cables, we tend to prefer cables from www.controlcables.com ourselves since they offer provisions for tension equalizers.
So I’m really confused now on the rear ebrake kit.

·
Registered
501 Posts
On the Roadmaster wagon axle I have the parking brake cables are routed the same way as the Caprice/Impala axles. The ends of the cables are different for disc to drum but I would expect you could use Impala/9C1 cables. Use the existing equalizer if you can get it apart.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’ve decided to bite the bullet and will be picking up the Kore 3 rear brake conversion. For those that swapped from drums to discs, how did you get the ebrake hooked up? I need a working ebrake for state inspection otherwise I wouldn’t hook it up. Thanks
I bought the kore3 front and rear kit from Navy Lifer several years (8+?) ago, installed the front and never got around to installing the rear and at this rate, probably never will. Not sure where you are located (I'm in Las Vegas) and shipping could get pricey, but I would sell you the rear kit for $850 + shipping. If interested, I can get pictures but it looks the same as what is pictured plus I think I have some extra parts (hawk pads, new cross pin, various spacers for axle play, center braided brake hose as well as both sides but will need to check). It's packed away in the garage and may take a day or two to get pics.

I believe this is the C5 kit

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your interest in our products. We do offer kits for the 1991-1996 GM B-body sedan Ø8.5" 10-bolt c-clip rear ends, as noted below. These kits are available with or without an internal drum in hat parking brake solution, though will not use any of your existing drum brake components.

GM 10/12-BOLT, Ø305mm [Ø12.0”] C5/C6, PARKING BRAKE
GM 10/12-BOLT, Ø330mm [Ø13.0”] C6 Z51, PARKING BRAKE
GM 10/12-BOLT, Ø340mm [Ø13.4”] C6 Z06, PARKING BRAKE

You will want select the correct 5x5x3.06 wheel pattern from the pull-down menu options for wheel pattern, and the price should update accordingly. What are you running for front brakes? Factory or something else? I only ask, because if there’s a shortcoming on the brakes of those cars, it’s the front brakes. Will you be doing the “Stealth Bolt Mod” to your combination valve? Please let us know if you have any questions or if you’d like to discuss further.
On the Roadmaster wagon axle I have the parking brake cables are routed the same way as the Caprice/Impala axles. The ends of the cables are different for disc to drum but I would expect you could use Impala/9C1 cables. Use the existing equalizer if you can get it apart.
Will the vette ebrakes connect to the impala cables? The part at the backing plate/rubber boot? Do they connect the same? Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the kore3 front and rear kit from Navy Lifer several years (8+?) ago, installed the front and never got around to installing the rear and at this rate, probably never will. Not sure where you are located (I'm in Las Vegas) and shipping could get pricey, but I would sell you the rear kit for $850 + shipping. If interested, I can get pictures but it looks the same as what is pictured plus I think I have some extra parts (hawk pads, new cross pin, various spacers for axle play, center braided brake hose as well as both sides but will need to check). It's packed away in the garage and may take a day or two to get pics.

I believe this is the C5 kit
Thank you for the offer. I’m quite a ways away from you. East coast. Please take no offense, but high dollar items I prefer a face to face transaction vs online.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thank you for the offer. I’m quite a ways away from you. East coast. Please take no offense, but high dollar items I prefer a face to face transaction vs online.
Certainly understand, Good luck with whatever you decide. Maybe I'll get ambitious and install them! I can say having the HD12 kit in the front is quite an improvement over stock... so much so I never got around to do the rear brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts