Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a lot of searching a couple months ago and decided these were the way to go. Now its do or die time and they've stopped making them. I like my 9c1 rims, looks like the scorpion zero is ok but I don't want another V rated tire they wear out too quick. On other (all large by todays standards) cars I've had gt qualifiers, radial ta's, tiger paws came on my trucks (all replaced fast with dunlop rovers) The gt+4s are good for dry weather only just like the other car tires I've bought. What Say You?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't think the Kumhos in that size ever came into production at all- I was watching tirerack and they never did get them in stock. I like the STX in the 275 for rears, but I think that's too big for the front. The Pirellis are truck tires, I wonder if the treadwear will be better(even tho they are v-rated). The Yokohoma S/T is supposed to be real good but only t-rated. It's hard to find good speed rated 15" tires any more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I know, the companies are all making tires for the itty bitty imports. I WILL NOT CONFORM. Heck those cars don't even come with the brass handles. That yokohama avid st has good reviews and the firestone indy 500 firehawk is even better from what I've read. Got to do it soon, going back to FL to see the bucs/cowboys in a couple weeks new tires and wipers are a must!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have p-zero 255/60x15 tires on 9c1 rims and love them. I think the grip is great wet or dry. The only complaint I might have is on some surfaces you do get some tire noise, but they are truck tires. Don't have enough miles on them to comment about wear, but they seem to be good so far. (almost ready for my 6000 mile rotate and balance).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, the p zero is what I would want but I assume that the wear is similar to any other v rated tire. I put 20000 on my gt+4's that looked brand new last year and they no good for wet roads now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I went with the Indy 500 Firehawks $90 each on and out. Dry traction is better at half throttle don't know about interstate standing water yet but wider is better as far as handling goes through the neighborhood. Guess the jerk that did the alignment knows that too. His 10 min test drive and my thermostat opened when he got back. Won't go there again unless I'm along for the drive. The folks up the road looked at me kinda funny today, almost stopped to tell them I wasn't driving the great white buffalo yesterday when it flew by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.