Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need shocks and want to know the forum's take on KYB shocks. Recommendation from some suspension places here in Florida is the GR-2 Gas Shocks (#344081 Front, 343130 Rear). The car is a daily driver (205,000m on OD, shocks about 100,000m (gabriel)) and is a family driven car. I hear Bilstiens are good but what about the KYB. The techs at the suspension places have had Impala's and liked these shocks.
Thoughts/comments.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One word : junk. They are cheap, and you'll be lucky to have them work effectively for 12 months.

Needless to say, if they are in the business of selling shocks the reason they are pushing these units is they KNOW you'll be back (to spend MORE $$$) in a year or so

Minimum I'd throw at the car would be Bilsteins (about $275). There are more expensive options that offer some "tunability" if you race the car, but for a driver the Bilsteins will work great and last a long long time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gald I asked this question. I believe I have the answer...NO KYB. Thanks!
Just received a quote for the Bilsteins B46-0929/B4-61104 for $280.92.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi, this is my first post. i just ordered my bilsteins from copcars.net. they've got bilsteins for chevy only on sale for $60 each (pairs only) until the end of the month. hth
jw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.