Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for performance comparison. Anybody here ever own both versions? My daily commuter is the 91 with an L03. Perfectly fine for my needs and always gets me 20 mpg.

Was wondering if a new L99 caprice would be at least equal in performance and mileage.

Saw a nice one in the lot the other day that got me thinking.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i've had a '91 L03 and now have a '96 L99. the L99 has better fuel milage and power.
but if your doing the swap, like defdaboss say may as well just put in an LT1. the differance in milage between an LT1 and L99 is something like 1 mpg.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've had a '91 L03 and now have a '96 L99. the L99 has better fuel milage and power.
but if your doing the swap, like defdaboss say may as well just put in an LT1. the differance in milage between an LT1 and L99 is something like 1 mpg.
Not a swap, but a new car. If I could find a rust free, 50Kish clean LT1 sure. The one I saw was a L99.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I my experience, an L99 will smoke an LO3. My buddy's '94 L99 9C1 would pull away from my '93 LO5 9C1. I'd beat him across the intersection, but all I saw was tailights soon after that.
Go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts