Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if I would get any benefit from doing this? My buddy just replaced an engine in a 93 Fleetwood with L05. The block was useless but the heads are great. Would it work? Is it worth the effort? If it is doable, could I expect any performance gains? Would it all be pointless? Any help is appreciated. I know I should just put in a 350 and be done with it but right now, it's not in the budget. TIA

Sean

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think they will help a little as the compression ration would increase from 9.4 to 9.8:1. But for all the trouble of tearing it down and putting on new heads, it wouldn't be worth it to me. I think that Edelbrock sells a heads, cam and intake package that is aluminum. This would be the better route to go IMO. You could also install the LT1 cam with the stock heads/intake and pick up about 20hp.

Just my $.02,
Chris
92 Caprice Classic
94 Camaro Z28

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what volume do the intake and exhaust runners have in that package by edelbrock? What volume would land you with about 350 HP in a 305 with a matching cam?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chris;

the thing is, I am rather...thrifty. I already have an Edelbrock Performer TBI on there and the heads are free. I am also considering a cam at some point but I don't know when (I already promised the wife I wouldn't do any more mods this year, of course an exhaust and possibly and Ed Wright chip are slated for the near future.)

Any one else? Thanks again

Sean

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then you have to do the t-converter all the mods to the engine arnt realy gonna do much if the trans cant push it out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts