Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use the primary fan motor and parts out of the 4.3L and put it in my LT1. if not the motor will the brackets be the right sizes.
thanks rj

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep! It Will Fit And I Believe They Are The Same Electric Fan Motor And Mounting Assembly Anyways! By LT1 Do You Mean On an LT1 Engine In a 94-96 Caprice/Impala SS/Roadmaster? If So, The L99 Electric Fan And Assy Is The Same!.....Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work and fit. All the electic fans are interchangeable, but be aware there are 3 possibilities- 100w, 150w, 240w. Standard was 100, 150, V03 was 150,240, V08 240 and mechanical.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say "standard" does that mean L99? Or could you get an LT1 car with the 100/150 "standard" combo. I ask because I have the VO8 mechanical/240, and just junkyard-picked a primary setup from an LT1 taxicab for the mechanical fan delete mod, but would certainly rather have a 150 primary than a 100. If LT1's only came with 150/240 I got it. But if it could have been an LT1 100/150, I got the 100. Is there any way to tell from the motor or part number? Even better, if I score a secondary 240 fan, could I swap motors and have a 240 primary? It gets pretty hot here in L.A. (106 degrees this week in the Valley. Sorry y'all).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not exactly sure what they are rated at but my car came with a L99 and those fans keep my mildly cammed motor plenty cool, even with the dredded Dexcool. The L99 cars were not anywhere near as light duty as people think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.