Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I saw, for only the second time ever, a Caprice that had a Landau style top. It was a 91/92 body. How many of these things were made? Was this a Chevy option? (shudder) If not, who the heck put them on these great cars?

Curious....

------------------
Mike S. - 92 BBB Wagon - 96 DCM SS - 94 BBB SS
My Impala Website - Iowa SS Group - the HERD

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a few of these also. I saw them and was like, "What the?!?! THAT'S A CAPRICE?!?!"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is an aftermarket item. The 91 to 96 Caprice/ Impala has several tops available ranging from 550.00 to 1500.00 dollars.

1.Executive Seriers Landau 1/2 Top
2.Styleliner Executive Series Landau 1/2 Top
3.Brougham LS Carraige 1/4 Top Luminescent w/ext rear glass
4.Brougham LS Limo Carraige 1/4 Top w/no rear glass
5.Styleliner Formal carriage 1/4 Top
6.Styleliner Formal Carriage 1/4 Top Luminescent

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, i gotta get one of those. so it looks like i have a convertable but the top is stuck up.

------------------
Randode,
91 Caprice Classic That I Bought From An 80 Year Old Man.

Mods Completed So Far:
Dropped Suspension, 2.5" Exhaust, High Flow Cat, 3 Chamber Flowmaster, K&N Filter, Removed The Air Silencer, Shaved Side Trim, Shaved Front Bumper, Shaved Hood Ornament, Shaved Emblems, Removed The Pep Boys Pin-Stripe, Kenwood Motorized Flip Down Face CD Player, Sony 6x9's, Custom Fabbed Stainless Steel Mesh Grill Insert In Stock Chrome Shell, Detailed Brakes And Suspension, 18' Arelli's
http://members.aol.com/randode/index.html
[email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If any body wants one of these tops e mail me directly and I can give you the prices and get some pics of it. I also can get a Classic grill for the SS and Caprice.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I've seen a few of these myself.
Like Nancy Reagan said "Just Say NO"

------------------
Walker- [email protected]
1995 DVB--DRM 6 speed
1996 DGGM-mostly stock
1996 DCM--DRM 6 speed

[This message has been edited by 408pacecar (edited October 08, 2000).]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC : I think you're about as likely to find a vinyl top customer on this thread as you are likely to find a 9 second Honda Civic on your street. It's possible in theory, but ain't too likely in reality

Ed

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are probably right Ed. They are some what popular in the central states for Caprices of course. Couldnt see anyone doing it to an Imp.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldnt put it past some of the people around here. I own a paint & body shop in Houston and i've done some crazy crap to Impalas for customers. I've painted Impalas CANDY GOLD to CANDY MONEY GREEN and every disgusting shade of candy in between.I even saw an Impala with the TOP CUT OFF!!! I try now to stay out off those parts of town.

------------------

Max Maxwell
94 RoadMonSSter
31/2" body drop, airbags, 17" Budnik Trilogy II's
[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see two of those topped caprices daily on my drive to work (ok, ones at work) I hate the way they look, they detract from the styling of the car soo much, its just awful

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got you all beat guys, a few months ago I saw a DCM SS with a simulated convertable roof (I almost crashed my DCM), but the worst was the white civie Caprice with a light green LS style padded vinyl top - these cars are NOT meant to have tese things on them.

------------------
Pete M. '96 DCM SS, '96 B4U Caprice, '91 9C1

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never seen one of these on a Caprice in San Antonio, thank goodness!

Does this mean people living in San Antonio have more or less class???

Later...

------------------

'96 LT1 Caprice
<SAIL>
** For Sale **
17x8 Eagle Alloy wheels and Lt gray leather bench seat front and back. See For Sale Section for more info...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, arn't there a lot of '64 impalas with hydro's and Daytons and crap like that in San Antonio?

------------------

Max Maxwell
94 RoadMonSSter
31/2" body drop, airbags, 17" Budnik Trilogy II's
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts