Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taking a survey. Would any of you guys be interested in coming to Vegas for a gathering? I firgues everybody loves Vegas, what better place to meet? Even the wives would come. We've got a great track out here, and the night life can't be beat. I'm tired of hearing about all of the cool stuff happening on the other side of the world, bring it over here
. p.s. any of you guys coming to SEMA?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When?

I don´t have an Impala, but a Caprice. Although I am living in The Netherlands, Europe, I will be in Vegas late september/early october. Would love to see a bunch of Impala´s, especially because you don´t see them here.

Won´t bring my car, too much airfare

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure that the AZ Impala SS Owners (AISSO)would love to come up. I was hoping that the Southern Cal guys, AZ and Nevada guys could find somewhere a little closer than Reno and hold a show. Fall or Spring would be great when it's still cold for the other guys so they could have some fun. Does Vegas have a drag racing track? If not don't forget Phoenix has all the fun stuff including drag racing and autocross meets at Firebird Raceway. Just a thought.
Let me know what you think.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VIVA LAS VEGAS VIVA LAS VEGAS
Thank you very much :cool:

HELL YES!!!

I'm going to try to make SEMA also.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does Vegas have a track? HELL YES!!!! We've got a brand new racin complex. Nascar oval, 2 smaller ovals, motorcross tracks, oh and did I mention an NHRA drag strip? It is sweet. I was thinking either winter or spring. The weather is beautiful around that time. So what do you all think?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Maikel, I too will be in Vegas late September. Mad Mav will be there too!

Lance

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VEGAS??!!! Count me in. I can never say no to Vegas. WE HAVE TO STOP BY THE OLYMPIC GARDENS!! :D :D

Wow! It's been a good Vegas year. I've been there 4 times in the last 5 months. :eek: :eek: I usually go once maybe 2X a year.

I've seen the racing complex and all I can say is WOW!!! "The Strip" is awesome. I saw people breaking stuff because they had TOO MUCH traction during the April PSCA event. I haven't been on the track, just in the stands at PSCA events.

Let me know by email as I don't frequent this area much. "Las Vegas" caught my eye on the main section. :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well since you guys got a 1/4 mile track just say when. Since my Dad lives there it's only a 4 hour drive through some straight and twisties and then free hotel...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If everyone would refresh themselves on the post made on Aug. 1 in the ISSCA Membership Information and Questions section, you will see that ISSCA is involved with SEMA. We have made it possible to all members to attend and would like to get together an informal gathering also.

If enough members come together we could do more, so let us know.

Harvey Clark
President, ISSCA

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All,

No plans for a "show" at this point, but ISSCA is hoping to see some Impala SS folks in LV while SEMA is on. Check this:
http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=27&t=000025

Obviously, for those that really want to attend SEMA, there are ways--this is just one of them.

I definitely agree a get-together of some sort, even loosely organized, is something to consider for the future in Las Vegas. If it's to happen before, after, or during SEMA, just keep everyone informed!

Is Super Chevy returning to Las Vegas later this year?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd try for Vegas if it's during a semester break from school. What a drive! :eek:

Phoenix was also mentioned. I'm not sure if it ever cools down there or not, but half of my family lives there, so I'd make a sincere effort to be there also.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Andrew : Orbitz.com

Use it, love it, enjoy the airfares :D

Seriously, I'm flying in for the last day of SEMA this year (Friday) and staying in Vegas till Sunday afternoon. Should be a blast!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Super Chevy is in Vegas in November. I might try to make that. If the Vegas guys want to do a National event like Impala Fest, that would be cool. Winter might be a bad time tho due to the guys back east and up north not being able to drive their cars there due to blizzards.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I go to Vegas every year for the NASCAR race, thats the first week of March. If you could put something together around then, I could just make it a longer stay, that would be kick A$$.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure you would get a number of Northern Nevada Impala's to a Vegas gathering!!

I will be there Oct 7, 2001 for the Lowrider Super Show

Moe Reyes

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be there for the SEMA show and the Super Chevy Show. We should get together for the Super Chevy Event.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
Andrew : Orbitz.com

Use it, love it, enjoy the airfares :D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ed, thanks for that! I'll use that page to get tickets to see my sister sometime. :D

But I like to drive to these things.. maybe some people can handle showing up in a Lumina or wImpala, but I at least need my '93 9C1! *cough cough*

1 - 20 of 38 Posts