Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Just a short note to see how many folks that are going to Las Vegas might have plans to stop in Albuquerque overnight. Albuquerque is about a 9-10 hour drive(at legal speeds!) from LV and if there is enough interest, NMISSO will try to put something together for a hotel and/or maybe a gathering. Last year we had some of the folks that were going to Tulsa stay over and we did a small gathering at one of our favorite restaurants that even brought a DJ out for us. This year it looks like there are over 45 of those CURRENTLY registered that Could come through Albuquerque if their route is Interstate 40. Let us know what you all think and if we can help on rooms and such. We will need to know how many folks and what date you all are planning on coming through. Thanks,

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As one of those folks who did this on the way to Tulsa last year, let me HIGHLY recommend you take up Lyle and the rest of the NMISSO folks on this offer!

The gathering was awesome (and there are some COOL rides in NMISSO!), the restaurant rocks, and the hotel they arranged for us was within stumbling distance of the restaurant
. It is literally a couple hundred yards off of I-40 too, so it's not like you're gonna be endlessly wandering thru ABQ sidestreets to get there either.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
....the restaurant rocks, and the hotel they arranged for us was within stumbling distance of the restaurant
Ahhh yes
....VERY important detail
!

KW

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe we (GRAIL) will be on I-40 but for us it would be Saturday night. There and back. Not sure how far Albuquerque is I will have to check. We are leaving Sat. morning in the wee hours 4-5am. The 19th. Sounds great if it could all work out. Les Brown was talking about a hotel he had stayed somewhere on I-40 which was about the half way mark. Not sure on how many just yet looks like 7-10 cars with two people in most. Thanks, Dave Hulshoff, GRAIL.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey all,
We need to know who is coming on what day and we can try to help set up lodging or what ever. The more info we have aobut who is coming thru when will help us set up for you. I "believe" that most of the folks leaving from NM will be bugging out early Tuesday morning. Ideally for us to set up a gathering or something at the resturant, we need to know when the largest groups will be coming thru or staying over for the night. Just get us the details and we can see what we can do for you all.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all,
So far at leasrt 1/2 of the folks registered for LV are traveling from East of New Mexico. We would like to help to try to find a deal on hotels for the those who might be stopping over in Albuquerque, BUT We need to know who is coming on what day so we can try to help set up lodging or what ever. The more info we have about who is coming thru & when will help us at least get pricing for you. Ideally for us to set up something, we need to know when the groups will be coming thru and who is staying over for the night. We are Running out of time and we haven't recieved much information at all! Just get us the details and we can see what we can do for you all. Hope to hear from SOMEONE SOON!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lyle-
I'm not much on planning ahead, but I will be going through ALBQ.
I may travel with some others from San Antonio or Austin and will probably head up through Dallas before heading NW to I40. I'm thinking I'll be in Albq. Sunday or Monday night. Maybe both if everything is as good as I hear.
I'll probably stay at a Holiday Inn, Marriott Courtyard or Fairfield Inn as I could stay for free with my frequent stay points.

I'll be in my red 95 wagon.
Rich

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Four cars from HOSS will be stopping in Albuquerque Saturday evening the 19th.

Todd

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gee- I hope I wasn't crashing the party.
:D ;)
Rich

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TWB-9C1:
Four cars from HOSS will be stopping in Albuquerque Saturday evening the 19th.
Todd
Yup..We'll be at HoJo's
But I'm curious if anybody else in NM plan on leaving Sunday..The more in a caravan, the better and safer..

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems that I am the only person who is driving to Las Vegas from Atlanta. I will be driving pretty much straight through to Albuquerque arriving Saturday Night. I will most likely stay at the Howard Johnson and leave out Sunday for Vegas and the Sunset Station. Hope to finally catch up with some people to caravan the last day to Vegas. I hate driving that distance with just one car, but a wreck (Paul Troup in a Panoz at Road Atlanta) and a seriously vandalized Impala SS (Gary Conlan's) has left me leaving Atlanta by myself. Am anxiously looking forward to this weekend.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am also leaving from Albuquerque on Sunday AM. Some of the others in town are leaving Monday AM. I hope to meet up with some of you at the Owl Cafe (800 Eubank N.E.; on Eubank just North of I-40)in front of HoJos on Saturday nite. There may be some other local Impalas from Albuquerque there also. See you there and hope to catch you on the road or travel together. CB channel????
Sam Martin

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam
You have a cell number so I can let you know when we touchdown? e-mail me at [email protected]
Howard let me have yours too. I'll reply with my number...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adrian- you have mail.
For all the Impala owners coming thru Albuquerque Saturday nite, the HoJo's is right next to the Owl Cafe. Go ahead and register and then park in the Owl Cafe parking lot. Some of the NM gang will see you around 6:00pm Saturday nite.
For the ones coming into town Sunday nite, be sure to post to let Lyle know so that the NM folks leaving Monday morning can caravan with you then.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SSUPER:
For the ones coming into town Sunday nite, be sure to post to let Lyle know so that the NM folks leaving Monday morning can caravan with you then.
Sorry for the late post, but I've had some 'things' come up and my whole schedule went down the tubes. Long story short, I'm out $550 for truck repairs :mad: & I'm 2 days late getting on the road :( . Lyle, I'm hoping (that is if nothing happens tomorrow...
) to be in Albuquerque on Sunday night and head out with the crew on Monday morning. I know this is stupid-late, but if you could see if there's a room available, I'd really appreciate it.

Kevin (praying nothing else goes wrong) Munsey

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kevin,
It should be no problem since there are others arriving on Sunday evening then taking off for Vegas on Monday. However, the hotel needs you to call them for a reservation. Here is the info:
Howard Johnson's
15 Hotel Circle
Albuquerque, NM
Phone # 1-800-877-4852
Phone(local) # 505-296-4852
Coming into Albuquerque from the EAST on Interstate 40:
Take the EUBANK BLVD. exit, number 165.
Turn RIGHT onto EUBANK BLVD NE. 0.1 miles
You will see the Owl Cafe immediately on your Right
Take the first RIGHT at the street beside the Owl Cafe onto HOTEL AVE.
The Howard Johnson's is Directly behind the Owl Cafe

IF YOU MISS THE FIRST STREET, turn Right on Lomas Blvd.(first light from
the exit), go to the first street on your right, Hotel Circle, turn
Right. Go to the first street on your Right, Hotel Ave., turn Right.
The Howard Johnson's is about a half of a block down on the Left.

Sam Martin

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! I'm in Shawnee, OK tonight, so I should be there tomorrow afternoon.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dayum!!! I guess I will be leaving the LATEST of everyone! I had planned on leaving tonight, but it looks like its gonna be Monday afternoon!
Anyone whos going from the East Coast and has a Nextel...HIT ME UP @ 154*32*14692

Yo Adrian...have my Tanquerauy ready...I'll bring the Cigars!!! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts