Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Latest ISSCA Racing Rules

319 Views 5 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  Karl Ellwein
G
The ISSCA board of directors has approved some changes to the racing rules for Autocross and Road Course events. They are mostly in the area of modifications and the points that are charged for different mods. For the most part, some points were reduced. In a few cases, the point was transferred to the more applicable mod item (e.g. instead of charging a point for polyurethane bushings, we've moved the point to after-market control arms)

Please check the ISSCA web site at: http://www.goissca.org/ISSCA%202004Drag.racing%20rules.pdf for the current racing rules.

You can also go to: http://www.goissca.org/ISSCA.2004.RoadRaceRules.pdf for a copy of the current AX/RC tech sheet. If your planning to attend Vegas SShowdown, it would really help if you print off a copy and complete the sheet before you come to registration.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G
Garry,
Thanks but; based on your sig photos I hope they charge your mean looking car thousands of points...

:eek: George
G
15 + 17 + 5 = 37....yeah, I think I'm gonna be in Race class :D
G
Well, Iam SHOCKED..!

Not near enough points for you Ed Runnion ;)
G
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
15 + 17 + 5 = 37....yeah, I think I'm gonna be in Race class :D
Glad I'm still Modified!!!
See less See more
G
and more subtle changes to drag racing were also approved just a few weeks before the May BOD meeting, (and were just posted to ISSCA web today). These changes are to the drag racing rules only.
I had the drag racing rules slightly reworded and added a Saftey section, (although I do have one typo in there that you might find).
But the big change is in the national champion runoff. I proposed to the BOD that it be a goal for the future. And I was able to get a vote and it was approved, although not unamously.web page

The reasoning behind this: The Northwest US, West US, MidWest US and SouthEast US do not have drag racing events organized so members in those areas are mostly out of the loop for point gathering. Originally, I had hoped that having a national champion scheme would encourage clubs to create drag racing events. But it hasn't happened yet. So until there are events in the major portion of the USA, I feel it is best to put the national champion point scheme on hold.
Read the revised rules and see what I'm talking about.
And now lets get a push going for drag racing events nationwide.

Karl Ellwein
ISSCA Drag Racing Steward.
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.