Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whts up guys i talked to lloyd today about my rwhp numbers i made 333rwhp and 333rw tq. i had eldelbrok heads ported by lloyd and got his stage 2 package with his 226/234 109 lsa cam, full exaust 30lb injectors 373 gears 3000 edge stall converter dyno tune. I was told by lloyd tht i should hve made 370rwhp plus any ideas guys

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys i have à 95 impala ss and 1.6 roller rockers pro magnum and 58 mm throttle body also with stock 350ci

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.....I was told by lloyd tht i should hve made 370rwhp plus any ideas guys
1. The shop you went to could've had a Mustang dyno which show lower readings than other dynos.

2. Did Lloyd know your compression ratio when he spec'ed your cam? Are you SURE you gave him the correct specs???

3. Are you absolutely sure that your car is in proper operating order?

4. Are you sure that the 370 rwhp estimate was for a 4l60E tranny and not for a 6-speed manual tranny?

KW

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i did a full tune up when i put the new bottom end in. i did have to replace the o2 sensors because it would not hold an idle and would cut off but the car runs great now no idle issues. i dont have any codes wht so ever. and it was a dyno jet

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
need engine bay pics
need dyno graph pics
need dyno video
need dyno datalogs

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Sheeet...Need ET slip. Don't get hung up on paper.
Dude, the dyno is a tool. It's very useful for detecting problems and quantifying the results of changes. Sure, a time slip is important when you want to know the real world output. But don't get hung up on thinking that a dyno only provides a piece of paper.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
What is the lift numbers on the cam? Possible valve float.......
I doubt that it's valve float; if LE did the heads and the cam he'd know enough to install the proper springs.

yep he said a le2 setup through a 4l60e and 400+ for a six speed
The 4L60E will drag about 8% more HP at the wheels than the 6-speed......the would only account for about 30-35 HP at the wheels.

What gears and Brand/Stall TC do you have?

need engine bay pics
need dyno graph pics
need dyno video
need dyno datalogs
I say give Tad what he wants ;) !

KW

·
Super Moderator
7,841 Posts
My le2 Headed stroker puts 401 rwhp and 445 RWtq to the wheels.

This is with all the supporting mods like 42lb injectors and 1 3/4 headers. The car runs high 11s on motor.

LLoyds stuff WORKS

·
Registered
551 Posts
whts up guys i talked to lloyd today about my rwhp numbers i made 333rwhp and 333rw tq. i had eldelbrok heads ported by lloyd and got his stage 2 package with his 226/234 109 lsa cam, full exaust 30lb injectors 373 gears 3000 edge stall converter dyno tune. I was told by lloyd tht i should hve made 370rwhp plus any ideas guys
I've got almost the same setup as LT1allday, except some locals cleaned up a set of 374's for me.

I'm putting down 302 to 305 RWHP.

So I should pick up 70 RWHP just bolting on LE2 heads ??? Don't think so.

Either I have the same problem with my setup or the numbers are off.

I've been shooting for 350 RWHP for a year and can't get there. These mods support that goal , and I'll be danged if i can tell what the problem is.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I've been shooting for 350 RWHP for a year and can't get there. These mods support that goal , and I'll be danged if i can tell what the problem is.
Have you tried spinning the engine above 5700 rpms. I would expect at least 700-800 rpms more of the powerband since you have ported heads with bigger valves and an LE cam.

Also, it seems to run too rich (AFR in the high 11s). Usually 12.6-13.1 is the range to shoot for.

Basically, you need to find a good tuner and not some dyno + a mail tune.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
......I've been shooting for 350 RWHP for a year and can't get there. These mods support that goal , and I'll be danged if i can tell what the problem is.
I'm gonna echo the above:

1. Your shut down at 5700 RPMs is way to early.....hell, I rev my stroker higher than that;

2. Your A/F Ratio is too rich;

3. And I question the port job on the heads. Just because they're ported doesn't mean that they were well ported.

KW

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
echo echo !
To reinforce what RamAir and KW just told you, my torque peak is at 4600 rpm and my power peak is at 6400 rpm.
VFR, your torque peak looks to be about 5000....... You're not even close to seeing the hp peak at 5700.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Dude, the dyno is a tool. It's very useful for detecting problems and quantifying the results of changes. Sure, a time slip is important when you want to know the real world output. But don't get hung up on thinking that a dyno only provides a piece of paper.
The best tuning is generally at the track as you know but a dyno is only as good as it's operator.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Just getta cts v lol. Jamie I love ya ha ha. But it got u thinking huh?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
We've already had that discussion Travis, It's set in stone that both of us are getting V's as dailys lol.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts